Strange things happening around here... (H100i) Temp Problem

Hey there, 

I have an i7 6700K non overclocked water cooled and everything seemed just fine until I ran Prime95.

For the first 5-7 minutes the Temps hover around 55-58C but all of the sudden they jump up to 75-80(!).

I have no real explanation for that. 

Does anyone have an explanation for that ?

Will I ever be able to play games again ?

2 minutes ago, TroubleMaker023 said:

Hey there, 

I have an i7 6700K non overclocked water cooled and everything seemed just fine until I ran Prime95.

For the first 5-7 minutes the Temps hover around 55-58C but all of the sudden they jump up to 75-80(!).

whats your thermal paste? and check if your pump/fans are working. also voltage?

1 minute ago, Ethan Meskin said:

whats your thermal paste? and check if your pump/fans are working. also voltage?

My thermal paste is an Arctic Silver my fans are working, I don't know about the pump tho 

5 minutes ago, TroubleMaker023 said:

My thermal paste is an Arctic Silver my fans are working, I don't know about the pump tho 

ok. idk much tho

19 minutes ago, TroubleMaker023 said:

it's quite normal as the liquid in the loop will take time to equalize 

21 minutes ago, TroubleMaker023 said:

Hey there, 

Its really rare to see your CPU used to the mas like it is in P95 in video games anyway

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

If you run Prime95 in blend test mode, it will variate the FFT size from pass to pass. It starts with a larger size, but after the first pass, it changes to a smaller FFT size, which heats up the cpu much more (because it fits in cache?). You should see similar temps if you run the small FFT test instead.

CPU: Intel i7 3970X @ 4.7 GHz  (custom loop)   RAM: Kingston 1866 MHz 32GB DDR3   GPU(s): 2x Gigabyte R9 290OC (custom loop)   Motherboard: Asus P9X79   

Case: Fractal Design R3    Cooling loop:  360 mm + 480 mm + 1080 mm,  tripple 5D Vario pump   Storage: 500 GB + 240 GB + 120 GB SSD,  Seagate 4 TB HDD

PSU: Corsair AX860i   Display(s): Asus PB278Q,  Asus VE247H   Input: QPad 5K,  Logitech G710+    Sound: uDAC3 + Philips Fidelio x2

HWBot: http://hwbot.org/user/tame/