The Ginga Ninja, Brother in Law Suprise!

Vulcanis

So, after some deliberation, generosity and general Dutch cheapness... I managed to build my brother in law a PC from mostly used parts and a beautiful budget case I found. Meet the Ginga Ninja. Yes, there is no real orange or even red... he's a redhead. Make fun of it all the time :)

IMG_0917.JPG

Its not a monster among monsters... but he mostly plays LoL (if it wasn't obvious) and WoW... plus Indy Diablo/Daggerfall etc. So this should be plenty even if he wants to stretch his legs on the new stuff. Everything was bought used or cheap... because frankly... I am cheap lol.

parts list;

i5-6400, MSI SLI plus Z170, Scythe Big Shruiken Rev B, 16GB Team Dark DDR4-2400, Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X, 500GB Random Seagate HDD, Xigmatek Centauro 600W 80+B PSU and the ⭐️ of the show... the Xigmatek Eden ATX case.

Completed build log PCPP

All in all this was about $300-400 CAD out of pocket. So he has wonderful performance for under half the cost of new. He should be plenty happy when I surprise him with it today. Any comments/questions let me know :) more shots here

IMG_0922.JPG

IMG_0918.JPGIMG_0923.JPGIMG_0924.JPGIMG_0926.JPG

Nicely done, that name tho.... xD  He's a lucky ginger to have a brother-in-law like you!  

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

you can make a beneficial update by moving the second from the left RAM module to the next to the right DIMM slot. this will force the motherboard to use dual channel. in your configuration, you are only running in a single channel mode.

msi_z170_sliplus_9x-1280x1024.jpg

9yhqk.jpg

9 minutes ago, airdeano said:

you can make a beneficial update by moving the second from the left RAM module to the next to the right DIMM slot. this will force the motherboard to use dual channel. in your configuration, you are only running in a single channel mode.

Actially, this Motherboard has A1 and A2 next to each other. I had to double check the manual, by it's true. Not every board is that way for dual channel. But good ? :)... and now after double check it's 2 and 4... I have the wrong manual... dear lord... sorry

2 minutes ago, airdeano said:

i actually d/l the sli manual and this is what i found:

Yah, just did the same. I read the manual... for the wrong darn Mobo lol. I am sincerely sorry.

no worries.. intel has gone the alternate slot DIMM since the X58 days.. but glad you got the info now..

2 minutes ago, airdeano said:

no worries.. intel has gone the alternate slot DIMM since the X58 days.. but glad you got the info now..

I thought that, hence my surprise when I thought it was side by, hadn't seen that since Core2 days on intel. That's what I get for building at 1 A.M.