New motherboard windows HELP!

So, I'm getting a new MoBo soon but it's the same chipset cpu socket and pretty much exactly the same as the MoBo I has before the only difference is the brand, colour and some connecters. Will my windows 7 copy on my HD work with this new MoBo as they other one broke and I had to replace it but like it said its not the same brand and exactly the same just mostly the same. The windows was OEM but surely if its the same chipset it must work no?

It has a chance of working, but it's usually best to do a fresh install after changing your motherboard so you don't risk instability/incompatibility issues.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

as above it may work but its best to do a clean install.

Your windows will also (if it functions) see that hardware has changed and will de-activate so you will have to re activate

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

as above it may work but its best to do a clean install.

Your windows will also (if it functions) see that hardware has changed and will de-activate so you will have to re activate

And how would I do that.

it will pop up asking to be reactivated you can do it either through the internet or via automated phone. very easy.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

it will pop up asking to be reactivated you can do it either through the internet or via automated phone. very easy.

So I do NOT have to pay again I can just reactivate my OEM copy

So I do NOT have to pay again I can just reactivate my OEM copy

sorry I never saw that it was an OEM.

OEM means that the key that is provided is only to be used by that hardware and cannot be transferred to a new PC (like you are currently doing by trying to activate it on new hardware) if I tell you anything other than this I will be breaking lots of TOS..... cough

A clean new install and then your previous data and program files will go into a folder called 'Windows.Old'

Compatible with Windows 95

As long as all of the chipsets are the same, then you should be good to go.

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]