Do i need to get a new CPU?

I just bought a GTX 760 2gb, and one minuite it could be hitting 200fps, and then the next not even 80. Obviously this is playable, but i have no idea on how to check if it is bottlenecking, or whether the GPU is faulty.

A8-7600 {} Gigabyte FM2+ Board {} CX430 {} Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb {} MSI GTX 760 2GB {}

Console.WriteLine("C# is aids");

You can use a program like Fraps to put a CPU/GPU usage overlay on your screen, it could help you to identify which component is bottlenecking. 

Note: It depends on which programs/games you use whether you need a powerful CPU or GPU.

Spoiler

My system:

CPU: i5-6600K <> Mobo: Gigabyte Z270X Ultra Gaming <> Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 <> GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 <> SSD: Intel 600p 256Gb

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX (16Gb @ 3000Mhz) <> PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W <> Case: Corsair Carbide 400C <> Fans: 6x Bitfenix Spectre 

Monitor: Asus VG248QE <> Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300 <> Keyboard: Gamdias Hermes Ultimate <> Speakers: Logitech Z333

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Ok, my cheapo Bitfenix fans are 120mm, all six of them. Are you happy now?

Spoiler

I am not actually Linus...

Spoiler

You can leave my signature now.....

7 minutes ago, TheNextLinus said:

You can use a program like Fraps to put a CPU/GPU usage overlay on your screen, it could help you to identify which component is bottlenecking. 

Note: It depends on which programs/games you use whether you need a powerful CPU or GPU.

Csgo and h1

A8-7600 {} Gigabyte FM2+ Board {} CX430 {} Corsair Vengeance LP 8gb {} MSI GTX 760 2GB {}

Just now, nobiggieBIG said:

Csgo and h1

CS:GO likes a good processor, but I wouldn't upgrade the processor if the lowest you get is 80 fps.

Spoiler

My system:

CPU: i5-6600K <> Mobo: Gigabyte Z270X Ultra Gaming <> Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 <> GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 <> SSD: Intel 600p 256Gb

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX (16Gb @ 3000Mhz) <> PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W <> Case: Corsair Carbide 400C <> Fans: 6x Bitfenix Spectre 

Monitor: Asus VG248QE <> Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300 <> Keyboard: Gamdias Hermes Ultimate <> Speakers: Logitech Z333

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Ok, my cheapo Bitfenix fans are 120mm, all six of them. Are you happy now?

Spoiler

I am not actually Linus...

Spoiler

You can leave my signature now.....

h1z1? If that's the game you are talking about, then it's normal.

The game is a POS and an unoptimized mess, such behavior is what you can expect.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

12 minutes ago, TheNextLinus said:

MSI Afterburner has some good features that lets you monitor usage of CPU and GPU and RAM etc. Good for checking bottlenecks

Good video about it ^

Edited by GlynDavies

If anything I'll just get a used x4 860k @ 4.2 ghz

24 minutes ago, nobiggieBIG said:

I just bought a GTX 760 2gb, and one minuite it could be hitting 200fps, and then the next not even 80. Obviously this is playable, but i have no idea on how to check if it is bottlenecking, or whether the GPU is faulty.

Are you that dude who asked about whether he should get a g4560 or some athlon x4 a couple days ago?

4 minutes ago, nobiggieBIG said:

If anything I'll just get a used x4 860k @ 4.2 ghz

Do it allready an get rid of that dreadfull A8-7600 asap... A 860k is still a lot more powerful and won't bottleneck as bad.

1 minute ago, black0utm1rage said:

Are you that dude who asked about whether he should get a g4560 or some athlon x4 a couple days ago?

Do it allready an get rid of that dreadfull A8-7600 asap... A 860k is still a lot more powerful and won't bottleneck as bad.

Yeah, I have no cash so I'll sell my a8 and do some other shit.

16 minutes ago, black0utm1rage said:

I've just risked it and hopped into a comp in csgo, and I'm getting 150 to 210 fps