First Build! Please See If I'm Missing Something Silly

Hello! I have gotten the compatibility check on PCPartPicker but am looking for the LTT community "seal of approval" - any thoughts are appreciated, as this is my first time with this:

Note: I have no intention of overclocking. The real goal is to play Witcher 3, which my Lenovo Y510P laptop currently cannot do :/ Also, I appear to only have ~350-400 MB currently being used on the C:// in my laptop so, I do not believe I need a lot of storage *shrugs*

CPU: i5-7500 - $204 - the idea was to be on the "in" with the new "Kaby Lake" processor

CPU Cooler: Stock - FREE - I believe this automatically comes with the CPU

MOBO: ASRock B250M Pro4 (Micro ATX) - $82

RAM: G.Skill Aegis 16GB (1 x 16GB) DDR4-2133 - $104 - RIP my slow typing fingers; this may be sold out on Newegg or Jet

SSD: Sandisk SSD PLUS 480GB 2.5'' - $130 - I believe this is all I need based on current use

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan X (Maxwell) 12GB - I paid $300 for a used one on FB Marketplace; this is the only piece in the build that is not changeable at this point

Case: NZXT S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower - $110 - Originally this showed as $70, but it doesn't appear to be the case (LOL); I would really just like something sleek and white...I also wouldn't mind a bay for CD ROMs

PSU: Antec EartWatts Green 650W 80+ Bronze ATX - $60 with rebate

Many thanks to this community for any assistance!

Are you sure about the 650W supply? Because the Titan X is a pretty beafy card so you might need a better PSU. And also when building a custom pc the main idea is for further upgrades so yea a better PSU would really help

Let the meme not die

done.xcf

You might want to consider a 700w for that Titian, especially if you want to take the most out of it by overclocking, a Titan XM on air can overclock up to 1570mhz ~ on core clock making it faster than the GTX 1070 so it is a great pick for the price but then again to do such OC you need a 700w 80plus power supply.

Also if you have any finance means to get the locked 7700 instead that is highly advisable.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Witcher 3 is pretty demanding on the CPU, so you might run into some issues with the i5 7500 (especially at 1080p), although i'm not 100% positve about that. I would do some research on that CPU's gaming performance at various resloutions for CPU demanding games like Witcher 3, BF1, or GTA V.  

Wait are you buying monitors, keyboard and a mouse? Pretty obvious .

Let the meme not die

done.xcf

1 hour ago, Princess Cadence said:

You might want to consider a 700w for that Titian, especially if you want to take the most out of it by overclocking, a Titan XM on air can overclock up to 1570mhz ~ on core clock making it faster than the GTX 1070 so it is a great pick for the price but then again to do such OC you need a 700w 80plus power supply.

Also if you have any finance means to get the locked 7700 instead that is highly advisable.

Thank you and @CloneHD for the suggestion on the PSU. I think that's a smart upgrade. I have been using a combination of information from LTT and Logical Increments to figure out what to select - on the Logical Increments site, they seem particular about the PSUs such as not listing the EVGA B-series (only G2 or P2 series), nor the Corsair CX series (only TX-V2, HX, and AX series), nor the Rosewill ARC or Hive. Do you have any experience with these PSUs? I know, at least in regards to EVGA B-series, Linus has mentioned them in some of this videos.

The reason I went with the i5-7500 is because when I was watching Linus' "Build Guide for Late 2016" he didn't seem to recommend going much higher than that (well, it was an i5-6500 at the time) unless I was doing content creation (which I am not). Will I run into issues playing Witcher 3 with the i5-7500 at 1080p?

9 minutes ago, Chairein said:

snip

Trust me you gonna want the 7700, things changed, games are using more threads nowadays and something like Hyper-Threading is helping more than increasing the core frequency, the whole purpose of DX12 and Vulkan is help out how hell games can use more threads.

Check out here, using an OC'ed Titan X like yours going to be, the 6700k at stock is outperforming a highly overclocked 6500k, the i5 no longer is enough for a high end gaming rig, it isn't your case here as you were already going locked but a golden tip nowadays is to always preference the locked i7 over the unlocked i5 [due to costs being essentially the same thanks to mobo/cooling]

42HiPN0.png

Also, here it is the actually locked i7 6700 outperforming a really highly overclocked i5 6600k:

The lesson we take here is that more threads is worth it nowadays, it not only gives higher raw performance you will feel your system more responsive on any multi-tasking, alt+tabbing for instance will go even more fluidly and such, while if you feel like recording your game play with shadow play and later render it on an editor like sony vegas the hyper-threading will make your rendering go significant faster etc.

If there is the possibility to buy the i7 7700 it is worth it, your processor will have the double of the expected life span the i5 7500 would have thanks to the hyper-threading.

Just to complete, it was my CPU of pick and no regrets here.

About the Power supply, the Corsair CX has two line ups, the green and the gray ones, the green must be avoided as it has some known issues but the gray one is good to go. Evga supernova G2 also is of great quality and I totally would advise.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

15 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Trust me you gonna want the 7700, things changed, games are using more threads nowadays and something like Hyper-Threading is helping more than increasing the core frequency, the whole purpose of DX12 and Vulkan is help out how hell games can use more threads.

Check out here, using an OC'ed Titan X like yours going to be, the 6700k at stock is outperforming a highly overclocked 6500k, the i5 no longer is enough for a high end gaming rig, it isn't your case here as you were already going locked but a golden tip nowadays is to always preference the locked i7 over the unlocked i5 [due to costs being essentially the same thanks to mobo/cooling]

42HiPN0.png

Also, here it is the actually locked i7 6700 outperforming a really highly overclocked i5 6600k:

The lesson we take here is that more threads is worth it nowadays, it not only gives higher raw performance you will feel your system more responsive on any multi-tasking, alt+tabbing for instance will go even more fluidly and such, while if you feel like recording your game play with shadow play and later render it on an editor like sony vegas the hyper-threading will make your rendering go significant faster etc.

If there is the possibility to buy the i7 7700 it is worth it, your processor will have the double of the expected life span the i5 7500 would have thanks to the hyper-threading.

Just to complete, it was my CPU of pick and no regrets here.

About the Power supply, the Corsair CX has two line ups, the green and the gray ones, the green must be avoided as it has some known issues but the gray one is good to go. Evga supernova G2 also is of great quality and I totally would advise.

This is excellent information - I can afford a few nights of McDonald's for the i7-7700 (just kidding on the McDonald's...maybe Costco food court). I also selected the EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+Bronze (semi-modular) since OutletPC seems to be doing some rebate thing.

Again, thanks for all the help!