Liquid for custom loop

I am very sick right now so sorry if this is brief. Can I use tap water with red food coloring and leave it in my loop for a week until I have a metal coil disinfection thing?

CASE: deepcool dukase v2 MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte gaming 3 CPU: intel core i5 6500 GPU: Gigabyte gtx 1070 g1 gaming CPU COOLER: enermax liqmax II 120s SSD: Kingston ssdnow uv400 240gb RAM: crucial ballistic sport (1 x 8) PSU: Cooler Master GX 650W

Wouldn't advise it. You'll end up contaminating your loop. 

You can use distilled water (not tap or mineral water) to fill the loop, then get some anti-algae additives and a silver kill-coil if you want. Definitely don't use food colouring. 

You can use distilled water, I would advise to not use food coloring though. It can clog the RAD and blocks iirc.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

food coloring is probably the worst kind of dye to use in a loop, because well.. it's for food.. kinda implies that it is bio degradable.. which.. i guess you dont want your loop to slowly rot away :P

that said, the linus man himself, who is probably one of the most "oldschool" watercoolers on the forum, drops the bomb here and there that he just uses tap water, and if he says it's distilled water, it's tap water and he just says distilled to appease the distilled water folks.

5 minutes ago, manikyath said:

food coloring is probably the worst kind of dye to use in a loop, because well.. it's for food.. kinda implies that it is bio degradable.. which.. i guess you dont want your loop to slowly rot away :P

that said, the linus man himself, who is probably one of the most "oldschool" watercoolers on the forum, drops the bomb here and there that he just uses tap water, and if he says it's distilled water, it's tap water and he just says distilled to appease the distilled water folks.

Could I use all natural spring water?

CASE: deepcool dukase v2 MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte gaming 3 CPU: intel core i5 6500 GPU: Gigabyte gtx 1070 g1 gaming CPU COOLER: enermax liqmax II 120s SSD: Kingston ssdnow uv400 240gb RAM: crucial ballistic sport (1 x 8) PSU: Cooler Master GX 650W

3 minutes ago, creepybob said:

Could I use all natural spring water?

well.. ideally you want the water to be as pure as possible to avoid any contaminations, but the truth of the matter is that over time stuff will contaminate anyways. i'm not into the watercooling world enough to really give you a right or wrong, but i'd put it like this: "if you have the possibility of getting distilled water, get distilled water, otherwise, dont bother, it'll be fine"

EDIT: forgot to mention, do add some form of biocide (is that the correct term?) to kill any possible "emerging colonies" trying to live in your computer. you saw how whole room went :P

1. No food coloring, its only for a week so no need to add bling 

2. Distilled water would be better, especially depending on where you live!  Some tap water is amazing and others are barely (or not) even fit to drink so it's really worth taking a bit of time and effort to get some distilled water.  it's available at most grocery stores/pharmacies and if you are sick you could maybe use a pharmacy trip ;)

3. Killcoils are kinda outdated and not really recommended anymore.  They are from a time where it was difficult to get good, PC specific coolant for your loop.  Nowdays it's pretty cheap and available all over the internet from a variety of manufacturers.  If you are going to use a killcoil, then make sure that NOTHING in your loop has nickel plating!  They will end up ruined

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q