SSD prices to rise? Should I buy an SSD?

Yesterday, PC Gamer posted an article, reporting a NAND flash shortage. They say this is going to cause SSD prices to go up by 10-16%. 

I'm planning on upgrading my PC sometime in the summer (not exactly sure if in June or August). I already have a 120GB Samsung SSD and a 2TB HDD, which I plan to keep, so I can wait for the price to drop again in late summer or fall this year. So is the price going to drop then or should I stock up on a 500GB SSD? It would be better to buy it then, if I don't really need it now, right? 

If you know you'll need it and you can get some use out of it now, I'd say go ahead and just get it. 

If not, I don't think it will be a huge problem for a long time. 

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

I don't agree with PCGamer on this one, SSD Technology prices are certainly going to drop rapidly in price.  In a few decades (or maybe less), SSDs will be the standard and be just over the $/GB of Hard Drives, this happens to MOST technologies.  And when I say most, I mean like 99.989% of them.   9_9

This, which PCGamer mentions is plausible and there may be a short term shortage of NAND chips, however there are other SSD technologies as well and this shortage wont possibly last for much more than just a few months.  If I were you I would not worry much about this unless you REALLY urgently have to upgrade your gaming rig.