GPU wasn't detected

Photoncreator

Yesterday I was playing a game for several hours. After restarting the game I was getting around 2 frames on the start menu and I knew something was wrong. Shortly after I was prompted a message by EVGA's precision software that there wasn't any supported hardware detected. I decided to restart my computer and I couldn't get anything to show up on the display which scared me shitless. I attempted to troubleshoot this by:

• Re-seating the GPU
  • Taking out RAM, leaving one stick in, vice versa with the other stick
  • Changing where the SATA cable is connected
  • Checking if the PSU is receiving power (it was)
  • Unplugging my 6 pin connector to my GPU
  • Moving the HDMI cable from the GPU port to the motherboard one

Nothing seemed to work until I checked the back of my monitor to realize the end of the HDMI cable was bent...I bent it back into place and everything started working again. I booted up and was prompted with the same message by EVGA's precision software and Geforce Experience wouldn't work. I ran dxdiag, at this point I thought that either my GPU was dead, my PCI-E port was dead, or something was going on with my PSU, because the GPU wasn't being detected and integrated graphics showed up. And it's strange because the display was working and the HDMI cable was moved over to the GPU and the monitor was displaying fine. What's weird is that I had integrated graphics disabled in bios meaning it couldn't have used that (I think) to display on my monitor. I was really stressed and was ready to just cash out $300+ on a new GPU, motherboard, and PSU. Later I run dxidag again and the GPU is detected. 

I just need someone's opinion on what to do at this stage because I honestly don't know what's wrong with my computer and don't want this issue to pop up again.

How old is your hardware/what kind of hardware... Considering you want to "just cash out $300+ on new GPU, motherboard and PSU", I think you are A: using old hardware or B: using cheap stuff.

In the case of old stuff, I had to replace my GPU 3 times in my old system I used for about 10 years. (so once every 3-4 years, the GPU was worn out) I would try and borrow a GPU from someone else, and test if this works. You might also want to re-install your drivers/software, but considering what you told us, I think it's some kind of failing hardware.