New to custom water cooling.

Go to solution Solved by alexyush,

1) Yes, but only just by a few degrees, it wont be a huge jump.. 

2) You could youtube that.. 

3) Yes most of the coolant have special solution that prevent bacteria and algae growth. 

4) Im using the EK supremacy block, and its freaking awesome.. temps are great and it looks good.

5) Again this goes back to your first question, it will only make a 1 or 2 degree change in temps. Its better to go with pull rather than push, so the rad wont get dusty from all that dirt.. 

I am new to water cooling so i have a few questions.

1) Will running the liquid through 2 Rads increase cooling performance? i.e using a single and a dual rad in the same loop.

2) What are the different types of tubing, and what is the difference between them? I mean material, not transparency.

3) Is there any real difference in the different liquids performance wise? If so which would provide the best cooling that will be expected to last for 2-5 years?

4) There are different type of blocks, but which would provide the best thermal conductivity for cooling?

5) Lastly is there a very noticeable difference between push or pull vs push and pull config for the rads? 

Thanks in advanced for your help.

Nothing to see here, move along

3) Yes most of the coolant have special solution that prevent bacteria and algae growth. 

4) Im using the EK supremacy block, and its freaking awesome.. temps are great and it looks good.

5) Again this goes back to your first question, it will only make a 1 or 2 degree change in temps. Its better to go with pull rather than push, so the rad wont get dusty from all that dirt.. 

Cpu 3970x, Ram Corsair Dominator 32Gb, Case Corsair 900D, Storage Raid 0 Samsung 512Gbs 2 ssds, 1TB WD Black Drive and 2Tb WD Black Drive, Psu Corsair 1200watt, Display Samsung 27inch 2660by1440, Cooling 4 alphacool radiators, 13 fans, Ek rez, 2 pumps, Keyboard Corsair K70, Sound Sennheiser 363d 

I am new to water cooling so i have a few questions.

1) Will running the liquid through 2 Rads increase cooling performance? i.e using a single and a dual rad in the same loop.

2) What are the different types of tubing, and what is the difference between them? I mean material, not transparency.

3) Is there any real difference in the different liquids performance wise? If so which would provide the best cooling that will be expected to last for 2-5 years?

4) There are different type of blocks, but which would provide the best thermal conductivity for cooling?

5) Lastly is there a very noticeable difference between push or pull vs push and pull config for the rads? 

Thanks in advanced for your help.

Hope that helped... :)

Cpu 3970x, Ram Corsair Dominator 32Gb, Case Corsair 900D, Storage Raid 0 Samsung 512Gbs 2 ssds, 1TB WD Black Drive and 2Tb WD Black Drive, Psu Corsair 1200watt, Display Samsung 27inch 2660by1440, Cooling 4 alphacool radiators, 13 fans, Ek rez, 2 pumps, Keyboard Corsair K70, Sound Sennheiser 363d 

1) Yup, more surface area, more cooling performance

2) 2 main type: soft and hard (acrylic) tubing. There are also copper but that's sort of more advanced.

3) Best would be distilled water with some sort of biocide and anti-corrosive if needed. The so acclaimed "perfomance liquids" don't make much of a difference and may cause various problems (you can read on that)

4) Negligible performance difference. Nickel plated copper base is supposed to help with corrosion but some say it doesn't, i personally have yet experienced it myself.

5) Not a lot unless you have high FPI rads in which case push-pull helps a bit 

CPU: Intel i7-4770k MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Formula RAM: G.Skill RipJawsX 2x8GB 1600Mhz GPU: Asus GTX 780 DCuII CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Primo STORAGE: ADATA SX900 256GB / WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair AX760 760W MONITOR: Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM KEYBOARD: Ducky Shine 3 MOUSE: Logitech G602 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/106614-project-insert-name-enthoo-primo-rigid-acrylic-red/

yeah i remember watching these, but they were just lost to me until now, thanks for bringing them up, and right now i have a h100i with pull, as for the couple degrees that will really help, because when i max over clock (with current setup) and play a game it is running at 94 degrees, so it will help, because after the 12th hour of gaming it starts to hold at 95, then 96, then it starts to throttle. it is prime95 12hr stable, but thats it, i want to be able to be stable for 16 hours (a few gaming sessions last that long).

Thanks for your help.

yeah i remember watching these, but they were just lost to me until now, thanks for bringing them up, and right now i have a h100i with pull, as for the couple degrees that will really help, because when i max over clock (with current setup) and play a game it is running at 94 degrees, so it will help, because after the 12th hour of gaming it starts to hold at 95, then 96, then it starts to throttle. it is prime95 12hr stable, but thats it, i want to be able to be stable for 16 hours (a few gaming sessions last that long).

Thanks for your help.

Np.. We are all here to help each other B) .... 

Just came here to say yay One piece!

Also I'm on the same page as you and trying to start up a custom loop and came for moral support!

Woo!

Just came here to say yay One piece!

Also I'm on the same page as you and trying to start up a custom loop and came for moral support!

Woo!

Thanks, hope you got what you needed (that was possible that is), and yes go one piece.