Civilizations 6 - Everyone hates everyone

DaMainMan

Hello everyone,

I played through 3 runs of Civ 6 (SP) at the moment and I noticed that at the later stages of the game, everyone seems to declare war/denounce everyone else. At first I thought it was just me, but after looking at the diplomatic relations of the other AI's - everyone hates everyone. Alliances seem to have no relevance, since going to war with anyone for any reason (or being attacked) gives you a warmonger score which ruins you rep for the rest of the game and you lose all friendship/alliance statuses after they run out.

Is there even a possibility of playing to game while keeping (any) friends?

Just now, Alaradia said:

Dont go to war

I tried that and I eventually get attacked. Although I did notice that retaliating into their territory gives you the worst warmonger scores.

i've heard this is a problem for a lot of civ 6 players, even to the point of some reference to ghandi and his peace nukes, or something like that.

it is -in fact- the main reason i feel mixed about civ 6, and if no solution is found will probably end up not buying it.

Yeah, the AI for Civ 6 is pretty broken right now. The AI seem to just throw shit at you at all times.

You prett much have the choice between spending all your resources on defending your territory or becoming a warmonger. 

I'm sure this wil be fixed with a patch (or in the worst case scenario: an expansion pack), but untill then I'll stick with Civ 5.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

The way Civ 6 seems to work is the AI will dislike you when you are weaker than them in the aspect that they will use to pursue victory. There are some outliers (for example China seems to hate me with an unrelenting passion because I have more wonders than him, with a hot TWO)... but for the most part, a militaristic civ will "dislike you" (and be more likely to denounce/attack you) if you have a weaker army, for example.

So if you just completely tunnel-vision one element (e.g. spend everything on science but have a weak military, no culture, etc.) a lot of people are going to see your weaknesses and be hostile towards you.