Fallout 4 or The Division?

Underi

Which one to buy? The Division is ~17.7€ and fallout 4 is ~16.5€. I loved skyrim but didn't like fallout 3 at all. It felt so scary, and I don't like scary games. I remember playing it at my uncle and I just ran and got beaten by some mutant brute. Yeah. Which one? The Division looks cool with the story and all.

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz

Fallout 4 is a phenomenal game. The Division, not so much. Not to mention that now you have mods while the Division is beginning to lose it's player base. Fallout 4 will last you a lot longer.

1 minute ago, alexbianchi15 said:

Fallout 4 is a phenomenal game. The Division, not so much. Not to mention that now you have mods while the Division is beginning to lose it's player base. Fallout 4 will last you a lot longer.

I find the Fallout 3 skill system too complex, one of the reasons I love Skyrim. One handed skills level with swords, maces and axes but in Fallout 3 there are small guns and heavy guns and laser guns and what else? 

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz

Depends on what you're looking for. They are COMPLETELY different games! :P Get the Witcher 3 GOTY edition xD

Chasis: Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo || PSU: Seasonic PX 650 || Mobo: MSI Z690 Pro A || CPU: Intel i5 12600K || CPU Cooler: Lian Li Galahad AIO 240 || RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB @3200 || GPU: AORUS 4070 ti Elite || Boot Drive: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB || Secondary Drive: Crucial MX300 525GB || HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB || Intake Fans: 3x Lian Li UniFan SL120 || Exhaust Fans: 2x Lian Li UniFan SL120 || Mouse: Logitech G Pro Wireless || Keyboard: Das Keyboard 4Q with Cherry MX Browns || Monitor: Acer Predator IPS 165Hz GSync

2 hours ago, Underi said:

I find the Fallout 3 skill system too complex, one of the reasons I love Skyrim. One handed skills level with swords, maces and axes but in Fallout 3 there are small guns and heavy guns and laser guns and what else? 

The skill system is very fun and simple. The entire game is very intuitive and fun. You can do tons of different  play through and then even mod it up. The division is a grind and its not to fun if your alone.

7 hours ago, Underi said:

Which one to buy? The Division is ~17.7€ and fallout 4 is ~16.5€. I loved skyrim but didn't like fallout 3 at all. It felt so scary, and I don't like scary games. I remember playing it at my uncle and I just ran and got beaten by some mutant brute. Yeah. Which one? The Division looks cool with the story and all.

If you didn't like fallout 3 you probably won't like fallout 4 they are similar games with fo4 having updated features.  Pretty much all the scary stuff from 3 is in 4 so you'll run into them from time to time.  I liked it FO4 but I never did finish it I got tired of always having to update some mod or the game and then it would break some mod i'd be using and i'd have to wait for it to get updated.

The Division isn't a bad game if you like open world stuff, I liked the story, was fun running through the missions and finding the different audio logs as I was exploring the map.  However once you hit max lvl there isn't much to do, theres some daily stuff (High value targets which give some currency and random items, then 3 daily story missions with more currency and random item rewards you can do which will burn a bit of time) but after that its pvp which is a mixed bag.  There's also the dlc which some of it is ok depending on what your looking for I like the Undergound DLC as its pve, the other 2 are PVP mostly.  I'm glad i didn't pay full price for the division not worth it, but for cheap its not bad I have fun with it.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump

I like fo4, but you may not like because it is "kinda scary". I liked it a lot more than fo3, but i also liked fo3.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

11 hours ago, Underi said:

If you thought Fallout 3 was too scary then you probably won't like Fallout 4, you especially won't like the sidequest where you investigate the Witch Museum in Salem.

11 hours ago, hiimFred said:

Depends on what you're looking for. They are COMPLETELY different games! :P Get the Witcher 3 GOTY edition xD

There's some seriously creepy shit in Witcher 3 but I'd agree that it's a more worthy purchase than either Fallout 4 or The Division.

The division seems to be a better game now, so I don't think you'll go wrong with either one. I think only you can make this decision.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit