Will this run Crysis? But seriously is this a good gaming build?

Go to solution Solved by Damascus,
25 minutes ago, zakfranklin said:

Second Questions:

I noticed it has a M.2 SSD slot on the MOBO. Is it better for me to buy a M.2 SSD and put the OS/Games on there or stick with a normal SATA SSD with the OS/Games? 

A reasonably speedy sata 3 ssd with reasonably high 4K writes will be fine

Hi, all!

I've been building my own PC's for a while though never been based around gaming. I have a new build and I would like to get some feeb-back on to whether it will be good enough to game at 1080p (which I'm sure it could) and also that it will be capable of streaming at a decent frame rate. 

This is my first post and I figured this would be a great place to get some of your thought. And of corse, I REALLY enjoy Linus Tech Tip and have been watching for a very long time! (Love to work in Canada one day! Hint, hint)

The specs are:

New Computer Systems $1,285.00
Cougar MX310 Tower Case  
Casecom 800w 80+ power supply  
Gigabyte B250m-d3h Motherboard  
i5-7500 3.4 Quad CPU  
16GB  ddr4  Memory  
Gigabyte 3GB gtx1060 (maybe 6Gb VRAM?)  
1 TB Hard Drive  

240gb sata SSD

P.s This is in AUD for I'm in Australia. 

Go with 6gb

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

That power supply is incredibly dodgy, I would avoid it like the bloody plague. The Corsair CX450/550M, Seasonic S12II 520/620, Antec High Current Gamer 520/620 and the XFX TS 550W are all good options that are relatively cheap.

Also, I would get the RX 480 4GB instead of the GTX 1060 3GB. Simply more VRAM and more or less performs the same, if not better. If you can stretch for a RX 480 8GB or GTX 1060 6GB, then I suggest you go for it.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

14 minutes ago, Damascus said:

Go with 6gb

dafuq you mean?

My native language is C++

12 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

That power supply is incredibly dodgy, I would avoid it like the bloody plague. The Corsair CX450/550M, Seasonic S12II 520/620, Antec High Current Gamer 520/620 and the XFX TS 550W are all good options that are relatively cheap.

Also, I would get the RX 480 4GB instead of the GTX 1060 3GB. Simply more VRAM and more or less performs the same, if not better. If you can stretch for a RX 480 8GB or GTX 1060 6GB, then I suggest you go for it.

I saw a corsair cx430v3 or a 500v3 can't recall for cheap in Australia. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

I saw a corsair cx430v3 or a 500v3 can't recall for cheap in Australia. 

Still not what I'd call a "good pairing" if you're planning to power a i5 7500 + RX 480/GTX 1060 rig.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

7 minutes ago, tt2468 said:

dafuq you mean?

At the very least a 6 gigabyte GTX 1060

18 minutes ago, HKZeroFive said:

Still not what I'd call a "good pairing" if you're planning to power a i5 7500 + RX 480/GTX 1060 rig.

Yeah but still better than some unknown brand. Just a suggestion. Poor Australian 

21 minutes ago, Damascus said:

At the very least a 6 gigabyte GTX 1060

For some reason people on here like to trash the 3GB version, even though it runs games almost the same as the 6GB one (unless you start testing at levels that are unplayable for both cards). There's between a 5-10% performance difference, all for a 25% price difference. 

That being said, I recommend the RX 480 4GB.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Ahh! This is all such valuable feedback. Thank you everyone :) I think I'm just going to go for the 6GB VRAM (I'm a bit of a Nvidia Fan for I've always had GTX cards). I'm trying to keep this a budget build also. The PSU I will keep in mind and will probably look for a better one. I was always under the assumption that the more Watt's the better for the long term (for upgradability). I realise the PSU is only as good as the Quality. :) Will this build be able to stream quite well, though? 

Second Questions:

I noticed it has a M.2 SSD slot on the MOBO. Is it better for me to buy a M.2 SSD and put the OS/Games on there or stick with a normal SATA SSD with the OS/Games? 

Thanks Again everyone!

25 minutes ago, zakfranklin said:

Second Questions:

A reasonably speedy sata 3 ssd with reasonably high 4K writes will be fine