Final build specs for my brothers pc

Gottboost

Order these parts for my brothers pc. He is coming from an apple. He doesn't game, it will be mainly used for daily duties ie. emails,banking and soon myob business software. He wants to start doing occasional youtube videos, so light editing. He and his family are PC Noobs, shit took him 2 months how to use his email account lol.

So here are the specs, your thoughts would be appreciated

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/hZCbxY 

'Light editing'

Then why the fuck are you buying him a 1060 and a Ryzen CPU? Most duties can be done on a $75AU Pentium G4560 ffs

idk

something like an i5 7400, any decent b250 mobo, 8gb of ram and a 1050ti will do

4 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

'Light editing'

Then why the fuck are you buying him a 1060 and a Ryzen CPU? Most duties can be done on a $75AU Pentium G4560 ffs

If you can afford it why not?it's not like he's getting a 6950x

TO OP -rx 480 is better

My life

Just now, Himommies said:

If you can afford it why not?it's not like he's getting a 6950x

TO OP -rx 480 is better

it's just horribly overkill, you don't need 8 cores 16 threads to do anything day to day, half of them will rest unused

idk

His budget was $2500aud all in. Why the ryzen? want a system that will last years. I convinced him to go pc, i bloody hate apples and there over priced shit

Just now, Droidbot said:

it's just horribly overkill, you don't need 8 cores 16 threads to do anything day to day, half of them will rest unused

My Cpu is sometimes at 100% in ableton and in chrome

My life

Just now, Gottboost said:

His budget was $2500aud all in. Why the ryzen? want a system that will last years. I convinced him to go pc, i bloody hate apples and there over priced shit

Apple should last longer.As long as you don't game

My life

I know a little bit about apples, but i basically was basing my decision on parts comparison. this was the imac i was looking at specs

21.5-inch iMac

• 2.8GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 processor, Turbo Boost up to 3.3GHz
  • 16GB 1867MHz LPDDR3
  • 1TB Fusion Drive
  • Intel Iris Pro Graphics 6200
  • Magic Mouse 2
  • Magic Keyboard (International English) and User’s Guide (English)
  • Accessory Kit

its $2479 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1246 V3 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($362.00 @ PLE Computers) 
Motherboard: MSI H81M-P33 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($69.00 @ Centre Com) 
Memory: Corsair XMS3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($74.00 @ Umart) 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($135.00 @ Umart) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($59.00 @ Centre Com) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1050 2GB OC Low Profile Video Card  ($159.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Case: Fractal Design Define Mini MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($129.00 @ Scorptec) 
Power Supply: XFX TS 550W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  ($89.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Monitor: LG 29UM58-P 29.0" 2560x1080 75Hz Monitor  ($299.00 @ Mwave Australia) 
Keyboard: Cherry G80-3800 MX Board 2.0 Wired Standard Keyboard  ($85.99 @ Mwave Australia) 
Mouse: Logitech MX Master Bluetooth Wireless Laser Mouse  ($96.00 @ IJK) 
Total: $1556.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-03-13 12:54 AEDT+1100

The Xeon is an i7 4770 with lower clocks. The MX board is browns, which feel nice and looks actually nice instead of gamery shite. The MX master is just nice. 

1050 is just to drive the Ultrawide

idk

just wondering if the 6gb 1060 is worth it, or just go the 3gb version

59 minutes ago, Gottboost said:

Order these parts for my brothers pc. He is coming from an apple. He doesn't game, it will be mainly used for daily duties ie. emails,banking and soon myob business software. He wants to start doing occasional youtube videos, so light editing. He and his family are PC Noobs, shit took him 2 months how to use his email account lol.

So here are the specs, your thoughts would be appreciated

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/hZCbxY 

Not sure why the speakers and wired keyboard & mouse for a non-gaming system. In fact I wonder at the inclusion of a 2TB hdd and DVD. From the description given all this is superfluous to requirements.

Ryzen might make sense if most of the work was going to be video editing. But it doesn't strike me as an optimal choice for a general purpose business system with occasional video editing.

You might consider an Intel build. I suspect an i5 would be more than adequate, but the budget permits an i7.

You might also consider a higher resolution monitor. For editing and business applications the larger the logical display area the better.

I would also suggest a good wireless keyboard and mouse. For general use the flexibility of placement and absence of cables make it an attractive option.

Finally, consider a smaller form factor.

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($399.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Motherboard: ASRock H270M-ITX/ac Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($170.50 @ Skycomp Technology) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory  ($155.00 @ Umart) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 525GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($185.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB 6GB GAMING Video Card  ($359.00 @ Umart) 
Case: Silverstone RVZ01B Mini ITX Desktop Case  ($105.00 @ Umart) 
Power Supply: Corsair SF 450W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular SFX Power Supply  ($124.00 @ Umart) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full 32/64-bit  ($135.00 @ Shopping Express) 
Monitor: BenQ GW2765HT 27.0" 2560x1440 60Hz Monitor  ($559.00 @ Skycomp Technology) 
Keyboard: Microsoft Wireless Desktop 2000 Wireless Standard Keyboard w/Optical Mouse  ($56.63 @ Skycomp Technology) 
Total: $2248.13
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-03-13 13:48 AEDT+1100

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

the reason for the keyboard and mouse is my brother likes the feel of them as i have them, and i have a 29' ultrawide and he likes it to. he knows nothing about pcs and while i was explain it to him, hes i want more cores , i want the best, He just game me $2500 and said go build it even if it is overkill

3 minutes ago, Gottboost said:

the reason for the keyboard and mouse is my brother likes the feel of them as i have them, and i have a 29' ultrawide and he likes it to. he knows nothing about pcs and while i was explain it to him, hes i want more cores , i want the best, He just game me $2500 and said go build it even if it is overkill

Can I suggest that you at least change the psu. Get a decent unit like SeaSonic SSR-360GP or Corsair RM550x

Does he understand that a 27" 2560 x 1440 monitor will actually display more than a 29" 2560 x 1080, about 30% more material?

i tried convincing him of a higher res screen, but no he wants the same as mine. i changed to the corsair rm550x

This is a lot of PC for general use:

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($399.00 @ Shopping Express)
CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 51.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($45.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($116.00 @ IJK)
Memory: G.Skill NT Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($147.00 @ IJK)
Storage: Crucial MX300 525GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($185.00 @ Shopping Express)
Video Card: XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB GTR Video Card  ($349.00 @ PCCaseGear)  <<binned version for best possible chip
Case: Antec ISK 600M MicroATX Mini Tower Case  ($107.00 @ Umart)
Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($85.00 @ Shopping Express)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit  ($129.00 @ IJK)
Case Fan: NZXT RF-FN142-RB 50.0 CFM  140mm Fan  ($15.00 @ PLE Computers)  <<Front intake
Case Fan: Deepcool XFAN 120 44.7 CFM  120mm Fan  ($5.99 @ Mwave Australia)  <<Rear exhaust
Monitor: LG 29UM58-P 29.0" 2560x1080 75Hz Monitor  ($299.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($168.00 @ Shopping Express)
Mouse: Logitech G302 Daedalus Prime Moba Wired Optical Mouse  ($44.50 @ Shopping Express)
Total: $2094.49
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-03-13 14:25 AEDT+1100

i was considering an i5/i7 but thought the amd was good value and with more cores.

53 minutes ago, Gottboost said:

just wondering if the 6gb 1060 is worth it, or just go the 3gb version

The GTX 1060 3g is an upgraded 1050 TI, its not even the same chip as a 1060 6gb.

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

what if i go a i5 7600k and a  Asus Prime H270M-PLUS LGA 1151 mATX Motherboard ??

The K suffix indicates an unlocked cpu intended for overclocking. An i5-7500 or i5-7600 should offer more than enough power. But I wouldn't recommend it for editing 4K video.

yeah i know the what the k is, he just wants the best stuff. the chances of him actually doing the videos is 50/50. they will most likely just be 1080p videos 

yeah i know the what the k is, he just wants the best stuff. the chances of him actually doing the videos is 50/50. they will most likely just be 1080p videos 

Does he want a Ferrari or a Rolls?

haha, all i can say is he is a dumbass when it comes to technology. thinks more is better thats why i went the amd. its frustrating for me to try explain computer components in VERY VERY SIMPLE TERMS to him.

will have a look and think on other options, but the ryzen system should be a sweet rig and i doubt there will be much speed difference between it and the intels.