YouTube crashing on Vivaldi/Chrome

lolpwnd31

If you try to skip to a different part of the video while it is buffering, Vivaldi and Chrome stop responding. I tested this bug on Chrome with no plugins and the problem persisted. Haven't tried Firefox though.

The process tends to take up the most resources used by the browser. Sometimes - rarely - it fixes itself, but even then it takes a couple of minutes. You have to stop it in Task Manager

Is there a fix? This has been going on for months now and it's incredibly annoying

Edited by lolpwnd31
Forgot to mention the part about task manager

Ok so Chrome is horrible on memory, tends to hog all of it. It might be crashing because you're memory is filling up.

The geek himself.

I would re-install the browser(s) in your case, often sorts weird glitchy programs, also check any extensions for causing issues within web pages.  (Grammarly causes fun issues with LMG forums for example)

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

4 minutes ago, Kierax said:

I would re-install the browser(s) in your case, often sorts weird glitchy programs, also check any extensions for causing issues within web pages.  (Grammarly causes fun issues with LMG forums for example)

The Chrome install was just a few minutes ago. Ok

19 minutes ago, Being Delirious said:

Ok so Chrome is horrible on memory, tends to hog all of it. It might be crashing because you're memory is filling up.

I'll try and look out for that the next time they crash