High Static Air Pressure Rated 120mm Fans?

EnergyEclipse
Go to solution Solved by agent_x007,

Actually, China seller has wrong describtion.
Data sheet says it's "only" 10,92mm H2O :D

My 2-cents about high presure/CFM fan :
Noctua is for guys who like silence and have too much cash, for Real performance - you go Delta/Sanyo Denki with PWM control.
Watch out for inverted PWM's models (Fan specific).

FYI : I used to cool my main PC with this monster - LINK, now I have those mounted : LINK ;)

@EnergyEclipse
Well, Noctua may have "Focus technology", but I think it's meaningless when best 12V fans from other two companies have specs like this :
Delta PFC1212DE : LINK,
San Ace 9SG1212G101 : LINK.
^And yes, you can use them in normal PC's :) (just don't connect them to MB direcly, current peak of ~4A will probaly damage fan control on it).
Fan Controller is highly recommended.

If you are less of a hardcore fan freak, you can use Gentle Typhoons.

CPU : Core i7 6950X @ 4.26 GHz + Hydronaut + TRVX + 2x Delta 38mm PWM
MB : Gigabyte X99 SOC (BIOS F23c)
RAM : 4x Patriot Viper Steel 4000MHz CL16 @ 3042MHz CL12.12.12.24 CR2T @1.48V.
GPU : Titan Xp Collector's Edition (Empire)
M.2/HDD : Samsung SM961 256GB (NVMe/OS) + + 3x HGST Ultrastar 7K6000 6TB
DAC : Motu M4 + Audio Technica ATH-A900Z
PSU: Seasonic X-760 || CASE : Fractal Meshify 2 XL || OS : Win 10 Pro x64

11 minutes ago, dexT said:

I like Gentle Typhoons in the higher price range and Swiftech Helix for the lower range.

I always wondered why Scythe stopped manufacturing Gentle Typhoon AP-15s. I can only find them at £35, a price I am not willing to pay for a single fan even if there quality may be superior in terms of construction materials/production designs.

On the other hand though, for £2.00 less on Amazon UK than the noctua NF-F12s, the Helix option does seem like a steal, so much gratefulness for both suggestions anyhow! :D I now have another fan to add to my watch list! :D:D

*Edit

For the same price though as the Helix, I actually glanced back over at Fractal Design's Venturi HP-12 PWM... And they are at 2.3 mm H20, with 61.4 CFM... With what appears to be better construction quality with rubber screw mounting holes...

You must appear to follow whatever is the most popular. I remember when the GTs were always recommended, but much competition was since brought against them, and unless you want to pay to much in the UK with silence in mind then they don't even come close to any fans these days.

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

1 minute ago, EnergyEclipse said:

I always wondered why Scythe stopped manufacturing Gentle Typhoon AP-15s. I can only find them at £35, a price I am not willing to pay for a single fan even if there quality may be superior in terms of construction materials/production designs.

On the other hand though, for £2.00 less on Amazon UK than the noctua NF-F12s, the Helix option does seem like a steal, so much gratefulness for both suggestions anyhow! :D I now have another fan to add to my watch list! :D:D

Dazmode has his model of Gentle Typhoon, from his Darkside company.

I'd get the Noctua over the Swiftech if it's only 2 pound more. I get the OEM Helix for $6.00ea USD.

1 minute ago, dexT said:

Dazmode has his model of Gentle Typhoon, from his Darkside company.

I'd get the Noctua over the Swiftech if it's only 2 pound more. I get the OEM Helix for $6.00ea USD.

ooo they have nice sleeving xD

But they do not appear to mention of there Static Air Pressure movement on Dazmod's website ?

Thank you though! xD I didn't even know Dazmode existed. Shows how much I know about purchasing xD

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

1 hour ago, EnergyEclipse said:

May I ask in which thread did one post which featured resemblance to that of the central question I asked within this thread? Personally, I do not believe such was committed, as my thread post on whether or not to pick up some of Fractal Design's Venturi HP-12 PMWs presented no input by nobody, despite there being multi users online replying to other threads posted after mine.

Anyhow, I also did not mention that noise bothered me, but in fact that I did not mind the noise within a sensible level (Commonly being less than 50db.), but as for better cooling it would be most optimal for me just to help keep peace of mind for quite some time to come.

I am also aware of the fact that some more Static Air Pressure delivery optimized fans will potentially sacrifice on both acoustics (Not a massive issue as thy previously mentioned.), along with airflow delivery. And so that is kind of why I posted this thread in the first situation, wanting a fan in which offered a higher CFM and Static Air Pressure rating (mm H20)... xD

Although thank you for your input on HP-12s! :D I did just like mostly the idea of the Trip Wire technology, along with the fully rubber screw surrounding holes.

I have determined that the NF-F12's static air pressure rating is simply not enough, as I do remember reading of a recommendation that 3.0 mm H20 is likely the bare minimum for a more tightly obstructed space, such as that of a higher than 20 FPI radiator/heat dissipater, or incredibly restrictive obstructions positioned in front of the fan which is required to get it to a specific place. Which in my case (Excuse the pun please)  both the Hard Drive cage itself (You can see how restrictive it is in my image of the case a few threads above), and an 3.5 inch HDD, followed by an SSD below.

Edit* Oppss... I forgot my temperature recordings for you. CPU however is irrelevant as it is not positioned in a way in which may potentially be affected by anything other than just lack of air by some impossible means. Although, you must have read my appeal on the Venturis if you for some reason merged these two threads together as it is mentioned there.

You made several threads for fan/airflow recommendations stated in the title. Unless they were intended for completely different use cases, they're threads on the same discussion. 

What a sensible noise level is will vary between each person. If you want peace of mind, look at your temps.

There's no regulation on how fan specs are measured and they are for the most part, bull. Ignore them and look at benchmarks and in-depth reviews instead.

Restriction on a rad isn't the same as a hdd cage and static pressure isn't an isolated factor. More airflow can make up for static pressure and vice-versa and which trade is best worth it varies depending on the situation. It's usually down to which fan is best for the job and less about the specs alone. 

Temps are entirely relevant. If your temps are perfectly fine, I don't see why you would need to get new fans at all.

37 minutes ago, EnergyEclipse said:

For the same price though as the Helix, I actually glanced back over at Fractal Design's Venturi HP-12 PWM... And they are at 2.3 mm H20, with 61.4 CFM... With what appears to be better construction quality with rubber screw mounting holes...

GT's are great if you need a quiet fan that performs very well. They aren't as quiet as many other 'super-quiet' fans though if silence is the goal.

HP-12's aren't as good if you want more performance and don't need a fan as quiet. 

NF-F12's are noctua's most popular fan but not necessarily the most suitable either. NF-P12's are probably better. Both are quieter than GT's or HP-12's.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

6 minutes ago, EnergyEclipse said:

ooo they have nice sleeving xD

But they do not appear to mention of there Static Air Pressure movement on Dazmod's website ?

Thank you though! xD I didn't even know Dazmode existed. Shows how much I know about purchasing xD

His youtube channel talks about them I think. He rocks.