Does dual channel memory affect APU performance that much?

Go to solution Solved by iRileyx,

It will definitely give a boost, if youre gonna be using the laptop for a while it'll be worth the money.

So I recently decided it was time for a laptop upgrade (dual core I3 wasn't cutting the mustard) so I decided to go for a A12-9700p laptop I thought the extra graphics performance would be a bonus and so far its pretty good, after I decided to replace the wifi card as the one included wasn't exactly amazing I noticed that it had a single stick of 2400Mhz memory (8GB), from what I have heard in the past dual channel memory improves the performance of graphics that are part of the CPU module, is it worth investing about £50-60 in another stick of memory to help boost the graphics performance?

TL;DR: Is it worth getting 2nd memory stick to improve the speed of the APU?

PC:

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X @ 4.25GHz

RAM: 32GB Patriot Viper Steel 15-15-15-36 @ 3600MHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Master X570 

GPU: Powercolor RX 6800XT Liquid Devil 

SSD: 500GB 970 Evo Plus, 500GB Pioneer NVMe, 480GB BX500 SATA.

PSU: Corsair AX1600i 

Cooling: EKWB Watercooling 

Case: O11 Dynamic XL + EKWB Reflection distro plate 

Laptop: Framework Batch 10

I5-1135G7

24GB 2400MHz

500GB PM951

It will definitely give a boost, if youre gonna be using the laptop for a while it'll be worth the money.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

RAM speed is fluential on APU. RAM channel is more for the CPU side of the die.

agree with the ram speed aspect. I recently put together another apu rig and used 1 and 2 sticks of ram. there was/is a big difference between ddr3 1866 and 1333 running 1 stick and almost nothing to report running 2 sticks as far as being any more helpful.