Used G910 Orion Spark for $120 CAD or K65 RGB for $150

These keyboards both cost a similar amount to buy new also the 910 has a lot of extras.

I don't mind either of the switches which one is the better idea?

The G910 is used with the cylinder keycaps and full size palm rest.  ($120 Canadian dollars)

The K65 RGB uses speed switches and is new in box ($150 Canadian dollars)

Please note the Canadian dollar is about 35% weaker than the US dollar.

Meaning G910 is around 80 USD and the K65 it around 100 USD

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

2 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

Why not G710+ for $99 CAD? 

If I don't get one of these RGB options the G710+ (brown) is my first second choice.  It sells around $70 new sometimes.  Great keyboard but I like having more than white LEDs

@themctipers you have a G910 right?  and I know you have an opinion on the switches...

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I guess this really comes down to your specific use case and preference. The G910 includes a full-size keyboard (which means you have a numpad) and macro keys but the K65 is only a half-size keyboard (so no numpad) and does not have macro keys.

Personally I dislike the feel of the G910. The actuation feels more like a membrane keyboard to me, having a much softer feeling switch. The feel of the K65, again personal preference here, is absolutely phenomenal. Those Cherry MX Reds really do their job well, leaning towards my preference of a 'clicky' feel.

TL;DR:

Both of them are good deals at those prices.

Go with the G910 if you want a softer feel, macro keys, and a numpad.

Go with the K65 if you want more traditional feeling mechanical switches and a smaller keyboard.

7 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

@themctipers you have a G910 right?  and I know you have an opinion on the switches...

feels like chinese copies of mx red. :/ 

great for gaming, shit for typing

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

1 minute ago, Feryn Builds said:

Those Cherry MX Reds really do their job well, leaning towards my preference of a 'clicky' feel.

Quick note, it isn't red, it's speed/grey/silver

And I'm torn.  I have a small desk and tiny PC. I also really like like the K65.  I'm mostly worried I'll need a numpad down the line (Architectural design?)

1 minute ago, themctipers said:

feels like chinese copies of mx red. :/ 

great for gaming, shit for typing

Awesome, exactly the input I need :D

1 minute ago, Damascus said:

Quick note, it isn't red, it's speed/grey/silver

Either way, all of the Cherry's feel great to me.

And I'm torn.  I have a small desk and tiny PC. I also really like like the K65.  I'm mostly worried I'll need a numpad down the line (Architectural design?)

You can always buy a stand alone keypad down the road if you feel the need for one.

Just now, Damascus said:

Awesome, exactly the input I need :D

Damascus 

the reviews of this are utter shit, i was expecting something to feel somewhat like a mx brown/red but no

its just chinese mx reds (for me)

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

2 minutes ago, themctipers said:

the reviews of this are utter shit, i was expecting something to feel somewhat like a mx brown/red but no

Yeah everything was saying they were like browns, so far my favorite MX switch. But if they're more like soft red's that's not so good

5 minutes ago, Feryn Builds said:

You can always buy a stand alone keypad down the road if you feel the need for one.

True and true.

My biggest issue so far is there are very few reviews of the K65. Doesn't matter of the model I can never find more than 1 or 2 reviews

Just now, Damascus said:

True and true.

My biggest issue so far is there are very few reviews of the K65. Doesn't matter of the model I can never find more than 1 or 2 reviews

NVM that seems to be an issue for only the Lux and standard RGB model there are plenty of reviews for Rapid Fire

NVM that seems to be an issue for only the Lux and standard RGB model there are plenty of reviews for Rapid Fire

Haha very well. I was about to give you a full rundown of my experience with it. The short verson is: It is honestly one of my favorite half-size keyboards. It edges ahead of the Materkeys Pro S in my opinion with its palm rest, which if you have larger hands like I do, lets it sit very comfortably in its non-raised position. However, as far as the RGB functionality, the Masterkeys Pro S takes home the prize with its custom lighting SDK, which allows you to do practically anything you want with the RGB.

Keyboards are a huge thing for me. I have a practical army of them sitting on my 'showcase' bookshelf behind my desk haha.

1 minute ago, Being Delirious said:

K65

Definitely I think this thread is giving me exactly the information I needed. Thanks a punch for the input, quite happy with the results

Just now, Damascus said:

Definitely I think this thread is giving me exactly the information I needed. Thanks a punch for the input, quite happy with the results

My Pleasure.

The geek himself.

25 minutes ago, Feryn Builds said:

26 minutes ago, themctipers said:

You guys especially thanks for the input