Noctua NF-S12A vs. Noctua NF-P12

I am going to be building a mini-itx gaming/video editing rig and want to replace the stock fans in the Bitfenix Prodigy with either the Noctua NF-S12A's or the NF-P12's. I would like to get quiet operation without sacrificing performance. I believe that Noctua fans can do just that but I don't know which fans I should go with. By the way, yes I know one of them is a static pressure fan, but on the Noctua website it says both are good for case fans. ---> http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=which_fan_is_right_for_me&lng=en

(Also, I believe that some of the Noctua fans come with splitters so I could use two fans while only using one motherboard chassis fan mount. Is this true? If so, which fans does this come with? Using Maximus VI Impact if that helps.)

Thanks!

Yes Noctua fans come with a extension, Y cable and rpm reducer and rubber isolating mounts. And P12 for higher impedance.

Main: AMD Athlon X4 750K| Coolermaster Hyper TX3 EVO | Gigabyte GA-F2A75M-HD2 | 8GB Kingston 1333mhz | WD Caviar Green 1tb | Coolermaster N200 | OCZ coreXstream 500w | Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 2GB | |Kingston 3k ssd 128gb |

Yes Noctua fans come with a extension, Y cable and rpm reducer and rubber isolating mounts. And P12 for higher impedance.

So how many fans do you think I could fit in the Prodigy using the Y cables?

P-12's are designed for use with CPU heatsinks, the S12's are case fans. P12's are the fans that used to come bundled with their heatsinks like the NH-D12, the P12's are far from silent. Use S12's unless the case is extremely restrictive.

P-12's are designed for use with CPU heatsinks, the S12's are case fans. P12's are the fans that used to come bundled with their heatsinks like the NH-D12, the P12's are far from silent. Use S12's unless the case is extremely restrictive.

How about the NF-F12's? 

How about the NF-F12's? 

F12's are for radiators, the S12's look to be amazing for airflow. You can use any fan but the airflow/noise ratio will be worse with radiator optimised ones when using for a case. Throw some S12's (the PWM version, I can't remember if it's the B/A/FLX version) on a motherboard header and turn the fan curve down with Fan Xpert 2 on the Impact. It will be as good as silent  ^_^ Use F12's if you're mounting on a radiator :)

F12's are for radiators, the S12's look to be amazing for airflow. You can use any fan but the airflow/noise ratio will be worse with radiator optimised ones when using for a case. Throw some S12's (the PWM version, I can't remember if it's the B/A/FLX version) on a motherboard header and turn the fan curve down with Fan Xpert 2 on the Impact. It will be as good as silent  ^_^ Use F12's if you're mounting on a radiator :)

So if I really wanted, I could use four S12's by using one of the Y splitters and turn the curve down to make them quiet? Also, I believe this is the PWM version of the S12's ---> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608038

Thanks for the advice by the way

So if I really wanted, I could use four S12's by using one of the Y splitters and turn the curve down to make them quiet? Also, I believe this is the PWM version of the S12's ---> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835608038

Thanks for the advice by the way

I'm pretty sure 2 fans would be plenty. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.