CPU Recommendation.

I am planning a budget build with a pentium G4560. Is it a worth upgrade to the i3 7100. Its around 7000 INR (100 USD) more expensive in my country. Going to do some 1080p gaming and basic video editing.

The Pentium is a great chip. A damn good chip. However, the issue is not every game is going to run, like GTA V, because they use more than 2 cores. I would personally get an i3 any day when considering gaming for the extra threads.

*Insert Name* R̶y̶z̶e̶n̶ Intel Build!  https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/748542-insert-name-r̶y̶z̶e̶n̶-intel-build/

Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS Z270X Gaming 5 CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K GPU: ASUS STRIX OC GTX 1080 RAM: Corsair Ballistix Sport LT 2400mhz Cooler: Enermax ETS-T40F-BK PSU: Corsair CX750M SSD: PNY CS1311 120GB HDD: Seagate Momentum 2.5" 7200RPM 500GB

1 minute ago, Brehohn said:

The Pentium is a great chip. A damn good chip. However, the issue is not every game is going to run, like GTA V, because they use more than 2 cores. I would personally get an i3 any day when considering gaming for the extra threads.

But the 7th  gen pentiums have 2 cores, 4 threads, similar to i3.  

1 minute ago, Brehohn said:

Hmm.. but the G4560 has 4 threads as well..

Just now, honor said:

Hmm.. but the G4560 has 4 threads as well..

Oh shit shows how long I've been gone hahaha well go with that I guess unless you want extra power from an i3. I just remember how much of a flop the Pentium Anniversary was because of it only being a dual core.

*Insert Name* R̶y̶z̶e̶n̶ Intel Build!  https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/748542-insert-name-r̶y̶z̶e̶n̶-intel-build/

Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS Z270X Gaming 5 CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K GPU: ASUS STRIX OC GTX 1080 RAM: Corsair Ballistix Sport LT 2400mhz Cooler: Enermax ETS-T40F-BK PSU: Corsair CX750M SSD: PNY CS1311 120GB HDD: Seagate Momentum 2.5" 7200RPM 500GB

The only difference is in the clock speed - 400 mHz higher and the pentium has AVX instructions disabled, which sometimes negatively affect video editiing

44 minutes ago, Devansh Kumar said:

I am planning a budget build with a pentium G4560. Is it a worth upgrade to the i3 7100. Its around 7000 INR (100 USD) more expensive in my country. Going to do some 1080p gaming and basic video editing.

Do you already have a motherboard?

35 minutes ago, crazysteve240 said:

35 minutes ago, crazysteve240 said:

No i dont. This is my first build