Thoughts?

Hi, I just want your thoughts on my upcoming build. Also, should I worry for the PCPP notes if I'm installing an AIO cooler in the front of my case and the GPU being so long?

Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Z8VsPs

Thanks

The dream:

Spoiler

Project Malachite (in progress):

CPU: i7 7700k. CPU Cooler: Cryorig A40 Ultimate. Mobo: ASUS Z270-A. RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz DDR4. SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB. HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB. GPU: ASUS Strix 1070. PSU: Corsair CX550M. Case: Phanteks Eclipse p400S

The reality:

Spoiler

Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth 2016, Logitech G502, Turtle Beach 500p. Monitor: LG 24GM77-B 144Hz 1MS TN. 

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

whats is the main purpose of the pc? 

Mostly gaming, but I plan on streaming and video creation as well :)

The dream:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 7700k. CPU Cooler: Cryorig A40 Ultimate. Mobo: ASUS Z270-A. RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz DDR4. SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB. HDD: Western Digital Blue 1TB. GPU: ASUS Strix 1070. PSU: Corsair CX550M. Case: Phanteks Eclipse p400S

The reality:

Spoiler

Peripherals: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth 2016, Logitech G502, Turtle Beach 500p. Monitor: LG 24GM77-B 144Hz 1MS TN. 

Just now, MValuableP said:

Mostly gaming, but I plan on streaming and video creation as well :)

a x99 6800k, 5820k or 1700 will be better at streaming and content creating, they also can handle gaming vary well 

a x99 6800k, 5820k or 1700 will be better at streaming and content creating, they also can handle gaming vary well 

I know, it's only mild video creation and streaming though, nothing fancy. These 8c/16t CPUs are just so damn expensive :/

The dream:

Spoiler

The reality:

Spoiler

I know, it's only mild video creation and streaming though, nothing fancy. These 8c/16t CPUs are just so damn expensive :/

same price as a 7700k just 10% difference in gaming because of optimization issues 

same price as a 7700k just 10% difference in gaming because of optimization issues 

Which one?

The dream:

Spoiler

The reality:

Spoiler

ryzen 1700

I really don't wanna go AMD tbh I think I can deal with the content creation on the 7700k.

The dream:

Spoiler

The reality:

Spoiler

I really don't wanna go AMD tbh I think I can deal with the content creation on the 7700k.

its up to you, just FYI get something that works for you companies are just for them self having a bias toward a company is dumb.  

its up to you, just FYI get something that works for you companies are just for them self having a bias toward a company is dumb.  

I do know. I just don't want to end up with a Ryzen fitting motherboard if AMD take as long as last time to release new stuff

The dream:

Spoiler

The reality:

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

I completely agree with this, Don't choose the 7700k just 'cause intel'. Pick the better CPU for what YOU intend to do. "AMD" or "Intel" name shouldn't matter at all.

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Full custom loop / links below out of date

LTT Build Log | PCPP Build Log

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

3 minutes ago, MValuableP said:

I do know. I just don't want to end up with a Ryzen fitting motherboard if AMD take as long as last time to release new stuff

This is a respectable thing to say, but just keep in mind the socket you are buying into with Intel is getting outdated too, 1151 socket will be replaced eventually.

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

2 minutes ago, jeffmeyer5295 said:

This is a respectable thing to say, but just keep in mind the socket you are buying into with Intel is getting outdated too, 1151 socket will be replaced eventually.

Yeah but at least if I will ever need it I am sure I can upgrade to something like a 6900k or something once that eventually drops in price (hint @Intel) :)

Edit:

I might be slightly retarded. Doesn't the 6900k use 2011-something?

The dream:

Spoiler

The reality:

Spoiler

Just now, jeffmeyer5295 said:

Just look at how many sockets Intel has had in the last few years.  (Not in date order) - 1150, 1151, 1155, 1156, 2011, 2011v3

1 minute ago, MValuableP said:

Yeah but at least if I will ever need it I am sure I can upgrade to something like a 6900k or something once that eventually drops in price (hint @Intel) :)

Lol that is a very expensive CPU and Intel hasn't really been known to drop the price of a cpu much. I can't see that 6900k ever getting cheaper than the ryzen r7 cpu's, and when it does, it will likely be outdated.

Side note,

I am not trying to argue with you, you asked for thoughts and I am just trying to tell you mine ;P I apologize if it comes off that way as a lot of people on this site do not understand this :P

Just now, jeffmeyer5295 said:

Lol that is a very expensive CPU and Intel hasn't really been known to drop the price of a cpu much. I can't see that 6900k ever getting cheaper than the ryzen r7 cpu's, and when it does, it will likely be outdated.

Possibly, who knows. Truthfully it probably will be outdated, but I see more hope in Intels 8th gen processors being 1151 than AMD's next high-end being compatible. (Also, who the f*** releases their "big" cpus before the mid-tier and low.end ones???)

The dream:

Spoiler

The reality:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, jeffmeyer5295 said:

Side note,

I am not trying to argue with you, you asked for thoughts and I am just trying to tell you mine ;P I apologize if it comes off that way as a lot of people on this site do not understand this :P

No worries, I get your point(s). Didn't think of it as anything else than help, thanks :D

The dream:

Spoiler

The reality:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, MValuableP said:

Possibly, who knows. Truthfully it probably will be outdated, but I see more hope in Intels 8th gen processors being 1151 than AMD's next high-end being compatible. (Also, who the f*** releases their "big" cpus before the mid-tier and low.end ones???)

What makes you possibly think that Intel will stick with 1151 longer than AMD will stick with AM4 (which they've already said they're using through at least 2020).  Intel changes sockets like my ex-wife bought new cars.

Also, @jeffmeyer5295 and @nerdslayer1, should I be worried about the length of my GPU and all that?

The dream:

Spoiler

The reality:

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, MValuableP said:

Someone looking to make a big news splash.

4 minutes ago, MValuableP said:

Yeah I can understand that, lets hope it pans out that way(not likely knowing intel) as I have an 1151 socket as well xD

But I see that choice as more of a positive anyway, They got people, even the ones who planned to buy the r5 or r3 to buy their higher margin, higher end cpu's, and both got more money out of it, and will create more lifelong users as they will be more happy with the faster cpu's. just throwing out htoughts there though.

Also, @jeffmeyer5295 and @nerdslayer1, should I be worried about the length of my GPU and all that?

Lol that's a good question, I have no idea :P just cram it in there ;)

1 minute ago, robertpartridge said:

What makes you possibly think that Intel will stick with 1151 longer than AMD will stick with AM4 (which they've already said they're using through at least 2020).  Intel changes sockets like my ex-wife bought new cars.

That's not what I said at all. I believe there's a bigger chance of Intel releasing something that'll be compatible with 1151 (and that I could upgrade to) than AMD releasing anything new before 2020. I mean, look at what previously happened, right?

The dream:

Spoiler

The reality:

Spoiler