active 3D makes my eyes hurt and red

For the first time, I watched a 3D movie on our new Samsung TV with the active 3D glasses. It felt like flickering, and painful in the eye. But I kept watching because it was interesting. After the movie I saw that my eyes are all deep red.

It never happened to me before (all previous 3D experience was in theaters with passive 3D glasses.

Is it something wrong with the TV or TV settings? It felt like the movie was in a really low framerates. It barely felt smooth.

It might be something with the settings right?

Customer support?

You think the problem is in the TV? I thought it was my eye being defected..

You think the problem is in the TV? I thought it was my eye being defected..

It's probably the tv or the glasses.

It's probably the tv or the glasses.

I doubt it's the glass, I tried the 3 other pares the TV came with. It might be the TV though.. It's the only TV we have with 3D so I can't test that

As you pointed out, flickering. Its because one "lense" or how you call it actually darken on the frame your other eye is supposed to see.

Its also strain for eyes, but i wouldnt think it would be it. Since its 3D, you are still looking at a flat screen but you might focus on other focal point also, behind or befor screen.

I havent had any problems with active 3d in cinema, its just darker. Idk how would be on tv.

Could also be because you are not blinking...probably not tho.

For the first time, I watched a 3D movie on our new Samsung TV with the active 3D glasses. It felt like flickering, and painful in the eye. But I kept watching because it was interesting. After the movie I saw that my eyes are all deep red.

It never happened to me before (all previous 3D experience was in theaters with passive 3D glasses.

Is it something wrong with the TV or TV settings? It felt like the movie was in a really low framerates. It barely felt smooth.

It might be something with the settings right?

it's sounds more like you got something in your eye, are you allergic or was it dust or any other particles in the air? ( it's probable not the TV and it's  nothing wrong with your eyes )

My rig : CPU: Intel i7 4820K   Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI   RAM : Kingston hyper X 2133MHz 2x 8GB total 16GB   CPU-Cooling : Corsair H60 V2   SSD : Intel 335 series 180GB   PSU : Corsair RM series 750w   Chassi : Corsair Graphite 600T   GPU : Asus radeon HD7750 ( gonna upgrade soon )

it's sounds more like you got something in your eye, are you allergic or was it dust or any other particles in the air? ( it's probable not the TV and it's  nothing wrong with your eyes )

I don't think it's dust or allergic reaction, I watch this TV in 2D every day with no side effects. Never had a problem with 3D in cinema.

As you pointed out, flickering. Its because one "lense" or how you call it actually darken on the frame your other eye is supposed to see.

Its also strain for eyes, but i wouldnt think it would be it. Since its 3D, you are still looking at a flat screen but you might focus on other focal point also, behind or befor screen.

I havent had any problems with active 3d in cinema, its just darker. Idk how would be on tv.

Could also be because you are not blinking...probably not tho.

By flickering I meant really low framerates and changes or brightness (feels like under 20Hz).

Do you think if I view from grater distance (closer to cinema) it will be better?

By flickering I meant really low framerates and changes or brightness (feels like under 20Hz).

Do you think if I view from grater distance (closer to cinema) it will be better?

Give it a try. And just for a gig- try also changing the brightness. Because flickering happens since your eye sees one bright picture for a moment, another moment just black because lense darkens. 

Change it to highest and give it a try. 

Next day:

Change to lowest and give it a try. 

Compare notes.

I was reading somewhere about how these tv's work and how the lenses flick from left to right blocking off one side at a time. The tv just displays two images one for your left eye and the other for your right. Sounds like something may be out of sync.

Corsair C70 | Gigabyte Widnforce R9 280x | AMD FX8320 3.5ghz | Corsair 750m | Gigabyte 990FXA-ud3 | Mushkin 120gb SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1tb | Mushkin 16gb ddr3 1333mhz Ram

Give it a try. And just for a gig- try also changing the brightness. Because flickering happens since your eye sees one bright picture for a moment, another moment just black because lense darkens. 

Change it to highest and give it a try. 

Next day:

Change to lowest and give it a try. 

Compare notes.

Thanks, I'll try..

Will making the two photos closer or further away from each other help to reduce? Because it's in the option too

I was reading somewhere about how these tv's work and how the lenses flick from left to right blocking off one side at a time. The tv just displays two images one for your left eye and the other for your right. Sounds like something may be out of sync.

Maybe the problem is the source giving low framerates? Could be?

Maybe the problem is the source giving low framerates? Could be?

Thats what the article was about is how it some of them have like a 80hz for each eye which would be like a 160hz monitor overall

Corsair C70 | Gigabyte Widnforce R9 280x | AMD FX8320 3.5ghz | Corsair 750m | Gigabyte 990FXA-ud3 | Mushkin 120gb SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1tb | Mushkin 16gb ddr3 1333mhz Ram

Thats what the article was about is how it some of them have like a 80hz for each eye which would be like a 160hz monitor overall

That movie is 24Hz, so I was watching in 12? It felt low, but I don't think it was that low

That movie is 24Hz, so I was watching in 12? It felt low, but I don't think it was that low

Idk 24hz standard television would be terrible.

Idk 24hz standard television would be terrible.

Maybe the source can't handle 48Hz 1080p, that's why it would be out of sync..