Hi, I recenly got a laptop from a friend of mine. It was all good to the last moment but all of a sudden it stopped charging. Even the little LED signaling the charging doesn't come on and the power supply is not the problem because I've tested it on a few different ones. Any ideas? I can solder and I do a lot of DIY stuff so I can disassemble it. EDIT: IT CAN'T TURN ON I FORGOT TO MENTION LOL 

Might just be the battery that's given up. If it's the power delivery system there's no way you can change that as it's embedded in the motherboard.

For some laptops you can reset things by removing the battery and unplugging the laptop, and then holding the power button for a few seconds. Might not do anything, but worth a try I think.

Does you mum know you're here?

3 minutes ago, speeder658 said:

@VVoltor I can't turn it on at all lol forgot to mention the main reason why I came here

Right....

You can still try my solution but even less chance of that actually working. You can also try turning it on without the battery.

Since your laptop won't turn on at all there could be a quite a few things wrong with it. Not sure where to even begin.

Any problems with it before it died? Did it shut down correctly the last time? Maybe dropped the laptop sometime? 

Does you mum know you're here?

last time the laptop was dropped the hdd died and I replaced it. It was working alright since then, I wasn't there when it was turned off last time but I think it was shut down normally. oh, and now that I phoned that friend, he said that he went to some service guy and he said it's the inverter whatever the hell that is and that it'll cost 350 złoty (PLN, about 80 euros) to repair and that's a bit too much for me right now...