Laptop's brightness changes based on the image on the screen

Edit: Replugging the laptop to the power supply fixes the problem, manageable, but still somewhat annoying.

My Acer Aspire V Nitro (Aspire VN7-592G) has it's display change brightness based on what is present on the screen (white makes it brighter, black makes it darker). This does not change the brightness value in Windows, only some hidden value I can't access. Changing some system registry value worked, but after a while it started again, and the registry value wasn't changed. I tried different values, but it still keeps happening. I've tried changing power settings in intel's graphics properties software, but this always reverts it to its default value after a restart, and it doesn't change anything either.

• Windows 10 Home 64 bit
  • Intel i5-6300HQ @ 2.30GHz, turbos to something
  • Nvidia GeForce GTX 960M

I have a similar issue with my Allienware 17 R4. I was told to contact call customer support, but I have classes and work during their operating hours so.....

It's a power savings thing. Lots of TVs do that as well. Are you running in performance mode? 

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

Regardless, right click on the battery icon. and click power options, and click on "Change Plan Settings", in that click "Change advanced power settings", and see the photo for what to change.

Dimmed screen fix.png

COMPUTER: Mobile Battlestation  |  CPU: INTEL I7-8700k |  Motherboard: Asus z370-i Strix Gaming  | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW ACX 3.0 | Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev. b |  PSU: Corsair SF600 | HDD: Samsung 860 evo 1tb

20 hours ago, FAQBytes said:

Regardless, right click on the battery icon. and click power options, and click on "Change Plan Settings", in that click "Change advanced power settings", and see the photo for what to change.

Dimmed screen fix.png

So should I change the values to 50%? And yes, using the performance setting.

poweroptions.png

13 hours ago, nekonoko said:

So should I change the values to 50%? And yes, using the performance setting.

That's up to personal preference. 

Did that one setting fix it though?

4 hours ago, FAQBytes said:

That's up to personal preference. 

Did that one setting fix it though?

I haven't changed anything there lately, didn't change anything before taking that picture.