i7 Upgrade

So, I have crappy situation. I am a student in a foreign country, so I am not allowed to work (Legally, but I still do sometimes, but shhh, dont tell). So I made some money (Magic, shhh, you don't know how) and I made a horrible mistake, well it sounded great but now it's horrible. I bought gold with all my money ($300ish) and so uhh, I have nothing to work with XD. But now I am nearing the $100 threshold on ad-sense thanks to sorta non-profit channel (I mean I love it as a hobby, I don't post video because I want to become rich or something, just genuinely like it :D BTW you can check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7vnmuZCS146HQwdf6hIPjQ) and I also have around $30 lying around somewhere. So I was wondering, you see I have those $300 dollars which I don't want to spend, but I will soon have $130 to work with to FINALLY invest some money on my pc to sorta better utilize my GTX 980. SO.... What's the point..(TL;DR) I will have $130 and I have a GTX 980 + i3 + 1600p monitor, does anyone have any suggestions for a SUPER budget upgrade, like to a cheap i7? And please tell me what monitor I should save up for to actually put that gpu to use.

Depends on where you live. It's hard to tell as 130 dollars in different country is different

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

Depends on where you live. It's hard to tell as 130 dollars in different country is different

USD

1 minute ago, Tenadisic said:

i would get an i5, get an overclockable one if your motherboard is unlocked.

I would also get a 1080p or 1440p monitor

I don't think my motherboard is unlocked tho, it's a shitty acer one xD which came stock back when my pc was not all potato xD.

2 minutes ago, Tenadisic said:

what generation i3 is it?

Second :/ i3 2100

1 minute ago, Tenadisic said:

I think I would go with the i7, because I 1600p monitor which is close enough to 1080, plus I have a 4k tv for if I am feeling very adventurous. With an i7 over an i5 I will have more power and considering I have a 4k tv it can be very useful at rare times when I can use it (I would use it to render gta v videos in 4k which I can prepare on a 1600p monitor then export them in 4k after hooking up my pc to the tv). Thanks for all the info man :D

2 hours ago, WhatComesAround said:

I think I would go with the i7, because I 1600p monitor which is close enough to 1080, plus I have a 4k tv for if I am feeling very adventurous. With an i7 over an i5 I will have more power and considering I have a 4k tv it can be very useful at rare times when I can use it (I would use it to render gta v videos in 4k which I can prepare on a 1600p monitor then export them in 4k after hooking up my pc to the tv). Thanks for all the info man :D

sounds like a plan, glad I could help

I7 2600. 

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

I upgraded an OEM lenovo from i3 2100 to i7 2600. It worked flawlessly with no BIOS updates. I was able to play GTAV at 60fps+ at high settings 1080p with a GTX 960.

Black Knight-

Ryzen 5 5600, GIGABYTE B550M DS3H, 16Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Asrock RX 6800 XT Phantom Gaming,

Seasonic Focus GM 750, Samsung EVO 860 EVO SSD M.2, Intel 660p Series M.2 2280 1TB PCIe NVMe, Linux Mint 20.2 Cinnamon

Daughter's Rig;

MSI B450 A Pro, Ryzen 5 3600x, 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000mhz, Silicon Power A55 512GB SSD, Gigabyte RX 5700 Gaming OC, Corsair CX430

16 hours ago, asand1 said:

I upgraded an OEM lenovo from i3 2100 to i7 2600. It worked flawlessly with no BIOS updates. I was able to play GTAV at 60fps+ at high settings 1080p with a GTX 960.

Jesus you make me feel excited xD 

21 hours ago, WhatComesAround said:

I am not allowed to work (Legally, but I still do sometimes, but shhh, dont tell). So I made some money (Magic, shhh, you don't know how) and I made a horrible mistake, well it sounded great but now it's horrible. 

I have forwarded this thread to the IRS and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.  xD

6 hours ago, WhatComesAround said:

Jesus you make me feel excited xD 

WEll i'm flattered. But I strictly like girls lol.:P

Black Knight-

Daughter's Rig;

14 hours ago, done12many2 said:

I have forwarded this thread to the IRS and U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.  xD

"Shhhh" xD 

8 hours ago, asand1 said:

WEll i'm flattered. But I strictly like girls lol.:P

Hahahaha, lol. Need to proofread what I write next time, see how it sounds from another perspective xD