Amplifier for these speakers?

OleST

I have two AR 8s speakers but i dont have anything to power them with...

IMG_20170308_213241.jpg

Ayyy dis place is empty, PM me some stuff i can put here, quote something some dude said or whatever (username of author/submitter will me tagged unless you dont want that)

7 minutes ago, mrzoltowski said:

What are the specs, wattage wise?

Google says 8 ohms at around 20 Watts

Not sure what his budges it, jusnt under $200, Pioneer A10 , personal favourite Onkyo A-9010 or super low for around $90 Dayton Audio DTA-120which is an audiophile favourite, two channels 60 Watts each only though and no frills.

for something cheap, lepai LP2020a+ or a TPA3116 based amp, or just trawl through goodwill and ebay to find any old amp.

Edit: could try any of these http://www.parts-express.com/cat/home-audio-amplifiers/106

Intel i5-6600K@4.2GHz, 16GB Crucial DDR4-2133, Gigabyte Z170X-UD3, Be quiet shadow rock slim, Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC, Fractal design Integra M 550W, NZXT S340, Sandisk X110 128GB, WD black 750GB, Seagate momentus 160GB, HGST 160GB

Would an onkyo 515 be any good?

@mrzoltowski

I found a used one for 30$

Ayyy dis place is empty, PM me some stuff i can put here, quote something some dude said or whatever (username of author/submitter will me tagged unless you dont want that)

1 minute ago, OleST said:

@mrzoltowski

Wow that's a bargain, the TX-NR515? They used to retail for around $500. 

Onkyo are fantastic I have a surround sound system from them with an amp. Its a legendary company with great gear. 

6 minutes ago, OleST said:

@mrzoltowski

Plus they are built like Sony used to be in the 90's, heavy metal, no compromises, that satisfying smooth heavy master volume knob. They are built to last.

5 minutes ago, mrzoltowski said:

Wow that's a bargain, the TX-NR515? They used to retail for around $500. 

Onkyo are fantastic I have a surround sound system from them with an amp. Its a legendary company with great gear. 

Well, looks like im getting up early to Morris to go pick up that amplifier tomorrow!

It comes with the box and all factory documentation

1 minute ago, OleST said:

Well, looks like im getting up early to Morris to go pick up that amplifier tomorrow!

It comes with the box and all factory documentation

Great, its a nice bit of kit. 

3 minutes ago, mrzoltowski said:

Great, its a nice bit of kit. 

Well shit.... The thrift store that are selling it just called me back, they tried to power it on and it let the magic smoke out...

(I called imediately after Reading your reply since i really wanted this thing and they said they would test it and call me back)

Just now, OleST said:

Well shit.... The thrift store that are selling it just called me back, they tried to power it on and it let the magic smoke out...

(I called imediately after Reading your reply since i really wanted this thing and they said they would test it and call me back)

Aww man!, No wonder it was $30. I bet someone spilled something on it. Those things last a long while.

Just now, mrzoltowski said:

Aww man!, No wonder it was $30. I bet someone spilled something on it. Those things last a long while.

I will keep searching tho, i really want to start using these speakers again!

I could possibly get a free 1980s Technics sa-190l?

5 minutes ago, OleST said:

I will keep searching tho, i really want to start using these speakers again!

I could possibly get a free 1980s Technics sa-190l?

Not a fan of Technics but the specs check out, enough impedance and wattage per channel. Plus its free so you cant loose right?

3 minutes ago, mrzoltowski said:

Not a fan of Technics but the specs check out, enough impedance and wattage per channel. Plus its free so you cant loose right?

Yup, i will read up on those specs!

EDIT: a quick Google gave me this information.

Screenshot_20170308-230342.png

19 minutes ago, OleST said:

Yup, i will read up on those specs!

EDIT: a quick Google gave me this information.

Screenshot_20170308-230342.png

That's correct. Your speakers are 8ohms although im struggling to find an accurate watts requirement for them, AR18S which are basically a less cut down version of these are rated of upto 100Watts per channel. Try to aim for something with a bit more wattage per channel. 35 is a tad low but acceptable. Would still drive them but not super loud.

The Onkyo that blew up had 160Watts per channel

1 minute ago, mrzoltowski said:

That's correct. Your speakers are 8ohms although im struggling to find an accurate watts requirement for them, AR18S which are basically a less cut down version of these are rated of upto 100Watts per channel. Try to aim for something with a bit more wattage per channel. 35 is a tad low but acceptable. Would still drive them but not super loud.

The Onkyo that blew up had 160Watts per channel

Im going to look through my stuff tomorrow, i might actually have the documents for the speakers.

Just now, OleST said:

Im going to look through my stuff tomorrow, i might actually have the documents for the speakers.

Great! Let me know if you do. So I can help more.