I changed my mind

Go to solution Solved by 2dfx,

I will not be getting a Mac book, I have concluded, that within my price range, I can't get a good one. Instead I will keep with Windows. I have also made this decision because if I get a cheap ass MacBook, my first experience will be tainted.

Instead I will save up over the next years and see where they go. When I do, it will probably be a brand new one. 

Here is what I am looking at now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HP-ProBook-6560B-Core-i5-2520M-2-50GHz-4GB-RAM-250GB-HDD-Windows-7-Professional/122297183985?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D2220072%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D20131003132420%26meid%3D0d44293bf51d4e47a9e7732e77617aec%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D371880910101

Yeah why would you buy a damaged laptop off Ebay?

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

2 minutes ago, TomR said:

So you mean you don't want to spend $1500 on a dual core laptop?

No, I was looking for 2009 models, and 2010 models, decided not to, and instead will be getting a quad core model in a few years after I get a job. So for now, I am going for a ProBook, since I like the way windows is going and with the way that it's easy to work on (which I want to upgrad the one I shared to a 2670qm, 8GB ram ) and cheap parts since they aren't really proprietary. 

Just now, Orangeator said:

Yeah why would you buy a damaged laptop off Ebay?

XD, with a big laptop purchase such as a MacBook, I wouldn't want to get my first Mac off a predominantly second hand site.

1 minute ago, LucasDerpYT said:

XD, with a big laptop purchase such as a MacBook, I wouldn't want to get my first Mac off a predominantly second hand site.

Well do the world a favor and throw a cheapo SSD in that HP "ProBook". That HDD is garbage.

Buy dell XPS 15 with gtx 1050. It will do a much better job. 1080p screen model has equivalent or better battery life than macbook pro.

Nowaways, at least IMO. I would only buy a laptop with easy access to external PCIe via Thunderbolt or USB-C to have external GPU connectivity.

I watched it somewhere where MacBooks actually coded to disable external PCIe lanes, unless that was changed.

1 minute ago, Light-Yagami said:

Buy dell XPS 15 with gtx 1050. It will do a much better job. 1080p screen model has equivalent or better battery life than macbook pro.

That's still 800 easily 6X my budget

1 minute ago, LucasDerpYT said:

That's still 800 easily 6X my budget

Then don't buy anything. I speak from experience. Safe money like there's no tomorrow and buy something good. But not macbook. Price/performance is laughable, and if you don't Final Cut the shit out of it, I don't see the point to get it just because it has more fluid system experience. I know OS is good, but as a long time windows runner I guarantee that performance always comes on top. I don't know men. If you're on a tight budget, get a windows machine.. And even if you're not. Razor is cool.. XPS is great.. But only buy macbook for video editing in Final Cut because it's great. If you don't do that, then just don't. Wasted money. That's my opinion of course. Buy it if you like it.

2 minutes ago, Light-Yagami said:

Then don't buy anything. I speak from experience. Safe money like there's no tomorrow and buy something good. But not macbook. Price/performance is laughable, and if you don't Final Cut the shit out of it, I don't see the point to get it just because it has more fluid system experience. I know OS is good, but as a long time windows runner I guarantee that performance always comes on top. I don't know men. If you're on a tight budget, get a windows machine.. And even if you're not. Razor is cool.. XPS is great.. But only buy macbook for video editing in Final Cut because it's great. If you don't do that, then just don't. Wasted money. That's my opinion of course. Buy it if you like it.

I couldn't have said it better.

1 minute ago, Light-Yagami said:

Yea I have used windows all my life just wanted to try a MacBook. Though now I've realized a MacBook sports some old my favorite games. But when I get a MacBook I want it new. The upgrading potential of something like a dell e6420 attracted me to it. So in the end I will get either a ProBook or e6420

1 hour ago, TomR said:

$200 Chromebook

/thread

NOPE