NEC EA245WMi vs EIZO EV2455?

Hip
Go to solution Solved by WelshDdraig,
1 minute ago, Hip said:

So they are the same??? :-D

I would say so. I personally would say you can't go wrong with either. But its your choice at the end of the day.

Hey guys,

I would like to know from your which of these two monitors is better?

The specs seem to be the same, but the NEC monitor is quite cheaper.

Can anyone tell me if there is a panel difference?

Thank you!

@HipBoth panels are the same, one is using IPS and the other is using AH-IPS.

Both have the same refresh rate and backlight - my guess, if you buy the both of them and rip them apart, they are both using the same panel.

Now I've said that, dont actually do it XD.

Since they look identical feature wise, go for which one you want, NEC may be cheaper, but does it have the same ergonomics you are after? 

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

34 minutes ago, Alexp10v2 said:

Both have the same refresh rate and backlight - my guess, if you buy the both of them and rip them apart, they are both using the same panel.

Now I've said that, dont actually do it XD.

Since they look identical feature wise, go for which one you want, NEC may be cheaper, but does it have the same ergonomics you are after? 

The only difference I see there is the warranty and power management. Which seems to be better on eizo.

But does it really matter?

28 minutes ago, Hip said:

The only difference I see there is the warranty and power management. Which seems to be better on eizo.

But does it really matter?

More warranty is better in-case anything happens, but you are paying extra for it - not as an additional price but on the RRP. As for power management, thats just screen time out and such. So there's no real difference. Go with what ever one you think is better for your needs - can't rally go wrong with either one. Both from reputable companies.

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

According to TFT central, the Eizo monitor uses the same panel as the Dell U2415 which is cheaper than either one here in the US.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/eizo_ev2455.htm

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2415.htm

9 hours ago, Alexp10v2 said:

Lol, if they are using different panels, then how can they be the same? According to the NEC website and TFT Central, they both are AH-IPS.

1 minute ago, beavo451 said:

Lol, if they are using different panels, then how can they be the same? According to the NEC website and TFT Central, they both are AH-IPS.

AH-IPS is the same technology as IPS, its benefits over regular IPS are:

• Improved colour accuracy,
  • increased resolution and PPI
  • Greater light transmission for lower power consumption.

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPS_panel

1: I did not go to TFT Central, I just went straight to the manufacturers website. 

2: As for being the same, if you look at the Eizo panel (http://www.eizo.com/products/flexscan/ev2455/), it just claims IPS. I was speculating since they are the exact same aspect ratio, exact same refresh rate, exact same size, with the exact same brightness...I could keep going on for every option, the only difference I can see is the typical GtG response time is 5ms on the Eizo, where as it is 6ms on the NEC (but that can be down to slight manufacturing tolerances or measuring flaws) - So I'm saying its safe to assume they are probably using the same panel. 

Ryze of the Phoenix: 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7.3.2017 at 3:30 AM, Alexp10v2 said:

AH-IPS is the same technology as IPS, its benefits over regular IPS are:

• Improved colour accuracy,
  • increased resolution and PPI
  • Greater light transmission for lower power consumption.

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPS_panel

1: I did not go to TFT Central, I just went straight to the manufacturers website. 

2: As for being the same, if you look at the Eizo panel (http://www.eizo.com/products/flexscan/ev2455/), it just claims IPS. I was speculating since they are the exact same aspect ratio, exact same refresh rate, exact same size, with the exact same brightness...I could keep going on for every option, the only difference I can see is the typical GtG response time is 5ms on the Eizo, where as it is 6ms on the NEC (but that can be down to slight manufacturing tolerances or measuring flaws) - So I'm saying its safe to assume they are probably using the same panel. 

1 minute ago, Hip said:

I would say so. I personally would say you can't go wrong with either. But its your choice at the end of the day.

Ryze of the Phoenix: