Switching from 144hz back to 60hz

compupertortoise

I currently have BenQ XL2411 and got tired of need to push atleast 100fps of every game, because otherwise it looks like a freakin slideshow. So I ended up changing refresh rate back to 60Hz and there is no point having 144Hz monitor and use it in 60Hz. I've heard that these gaming monitors doesn't the best image quality so thats a reason to switch.

So I need a recommendations to what monitor to get.

My needs are :

- 27"(maybe more preferred) or 24"

- 1920x1080

- Good for gaming

27" 1080p is too big imo 

12 minutes ago, Pearsonia said:

27" 1080p is too big imo 

Yeah thats a good point! 

I was wonderign too if thats too big, but lets see what other people think.

Your current monitor already does the stuff that you've listed as being what you're looking for in another monitor, and if you sell your current monitor to buy another, you'll lose money, so you'd be paying to get the same features that you already have in your current monitor. If you want to spend money, you might as well wait for the GTX 1080 Ti and AMD's Vega to release, and then get a new GPU, to make better use of your current monitor's high refresh-rate capability. A used GTX 1070 will probably be pretty affordable, then.

You can just drop the hz for your current monitor in Nvidia control panel, maybe to 75hz, which is a whole lot better than 60hz. After playing at higher hz, 60hz is awful, IMO, and is sort of like a slideshow, itself.

If you want a better display quality, you'll have to get an IPS or VA panel, which will probably have higher latency (though maybe not noticeable to you, at 5ms).

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

22 minutes ago, Grendes said:

I currently have BenQ XL2411 and got tired of need to push atleast 100fps of every game, because otherwise it looks like a freakin slideshow. So I ended up changing refresh rate back to 60Hz and there is no point having 144Hz monitor and use it in 60Hz. I've heard that these gaming monitors doesn't the best image quality so thats a reason to switch.

So I need a recommendations to what monitor to get.

My needs are :

- 27"(maybe more preferred) or 24"

- 1920x1080

- Good for gaming

With that 970, you should be easily able to push 1440p high settings. Dell ultrasharp U2515H should be an excellent choice.

Home PC: i5 6402P | Kingston HyperX 8GBx2 | Gigabyte G1 gaming GTX 1060 | Kingston UV400 240GB | WD blue 1TB Gigabyte H110m-S2 Cooler Master B500 v2

Laptop: Lenovo Yoga 710(Kaby Lake)

Phone: Oneplus 3

Tablet: iPad air 2

3 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

Your current monitor already does the stuff that you've listed as being what you're looking for in another monitor, and if you sell your current monitor to buy another, you'll lose money, so you'd be paying to get the same features that you already have in your current monitor. If you want to spend money, you might as well wait for the GTX 1080 Ti and AMD's Vega to release, and then get a new GPU, to make better use of your current monitor's high refresh-rate capability. A used GTX 1070 will probably be pretty affordable, then.

You can just drop the hz for your current monitor in Nvidia control panel, maybe to 75hz, which is a whole lot better than 60hz. After playing at higher hz, 60hz is awful, IMO, and is sort of like a slideshow, itself.

If you want a better display quality, you'll have to get an IPS or VA panel, which will probably have higher latency (though maybe not noticeable to you, at 5ms).

Thanks for your answer!

Your solution for this could be the right one, but I can't deside yet! I didn't know that you could set custon refresh rates in Nvidia control panel xDxD, but now have it running at 75Hz and that is a good compromise between 144 and 60.

I was planning to get a gpu upgrade soon, so maybe then I can up the rate. Time will show.

7 minutes ago, Shubham Yadav said:

With that 970, you should be easily able to push 1440p high settings. Dell ultrasharp U2515H should be an excellent choice.

Yeah i've heard about that monitor.  I certainty will bookmark this one.