screen tearing outside of games

HorrorCosmic

So, I'm running out of things to try and fix this issue but i'm getting screen tearing in and out of games. even with v-sync forced, even when v-sync if forced in nvidia control panel and is running outside of games.

This is what I get. Outside of games I get these horizontal lines that resemble screen tearing. It happens in netflix, both apps and webpages. Youtube. even stored videos. and sometimes just scrolling on webpages with just texts. In-game: I get this same screen tearing but its more consistent. If I were to play...Skyrim for example and did rapid left-to-right camera movements i'll get this horrible tearing above the screen. Cutting about 80% of the screen  (if your familiar with the game its about where enemy health bars are at) And it's every game!

Display is a TV. This is the home theater system i'm having issues with so i'll provide all the info.

TV: 48" Vizio FHD 1080p 60hz. It is set to 60hz in windows and nvidia panel.

CPU: Xeon E3-1225 V2 (quad-core 3.6ghz)

Ram: 16GB DDR3 1600 (its actually 1866 but the xeon caps at 1600) now oddly enough i had to set the bios to 1866 to even get it to boot but cpu-z is showing 1600

Vid: Gigabyte windforce GTX 1060 6GB 

I've seen this type of issue a lot. If it's static, you have a defective panel. If it comes and goes, especially on the desktop and not only in games or only in games when a lot of VRAM is being utilized, you may experience problems with your graphics card. This can be a result of overclocking, heat and stress or simply a sign of it dying soon (sometimes a defective memory moduly or loose solder => RMA). If you have another video card, replace it and see if the problem goes away. If you have any custom overclock running, turn it off.

Also Xeons do not like any type of overclocking so running them at stock speeds and with auto settings in BIOS/UEFI is usually the best choice.

36 minutes ago, bcguru9384 said:

what cable type and version and length

honestly i couldn't tell you, its an insignia cable from best buy, its 6ft. and all it says on the cable is high speed hdmi with ethernet.

However now after unplugging and reconnecting it seems...better. instead of the single consitent line i get this sort of scanline effect that happens maybe once an hour.

hmmm

i wonder if it is a hdcp issue with tv and gpu card and game

i mean the game is not signed the way dvd and blurays are to protect from piracy

im not sure how fix without one of those 3 entities doing update

i would send email to gpu and game companies as tv support has always been crap

even generic allpurpose hdcp signature would fix

23 minutes ago, Applefreak said:

I've seen this type of issue a lot. If it's static, you have a defective panel. If it comes and goes, especially on the desktop and not only in games or only in games when a lot of VRAM is being utilized, you may experience problems with your graphics card. This can be a result of overclocking, heat and stress or simply a sign of it dying soon (sometimes a defective memory moduly or loose solder => RMA). If you have another video card, replace it and see if the problem goes away. If you have any custom overclock running, turn it off.

Also Xeons do not like any type of overclocking so running them at stock speeds and with auto settings in BIOS/UEFI is usually the best choice.

reason shit oheats and dies if hdcp fails then gpu or display is to purposely shittify the video

means upscaler kick in and way increased work load

i have feeling editting software has similiar issues just folks used to it cause it does still work

5 hours ago, Applefreak said:

I don't think its any of those other than possibly the tv panel going out, it is an old tv.  

The xeon isn't overclocked, the gpu only has the power limit increased so it can gpu boost higher than normal however it's still within thermal limits. And if its a faulty gpu then i would suspect i'd have more issues with it such as crashing, driver issues, or games not performing well. 

Swapping out the hdmi cable seem to have helped alittle, now instead of a consistent line above the screen, it'll at odd frames make this cascade effect, either up or down. The best i can describe it is it looks like the screen is split into 5 horizontal parts and they re-synchronize either going up or down making a series of lines, then it stops and comes back randomly again.