Amp/Dac recommendation

Pittman90
Go to solution Solved by Dackzy,
1 hour ago, Pittman90 said:

SNIP

Well, the scarlet is pretty shit for headphones. There is a quality difference between DACs and amps, they are far from equal, a Fulla 2 is much better than the scarlet, but then when you move up in pricing and then you will meet let's say the Audio-gd NFB-11 and it will be better than a Fulla 2.

The Fulla 2 is a cheap DAC amp combo that offers great quality for the price and it has pre-out to your speakers, plus it uses USB and it is small so it doesn't take up a lot of space.

I am looking to buy the DT990 250 ohm version and I am trying to decide on a couple amp/dacs, I really want something that is USB and something that I can also plug in some powered bookshelf speakers as well. I know that the scarlet solo is made as a mic pre amp but it has a headphone amp and speaker outputs so is it decent as a headphone amp? The other one I was looking at is the monoprice headphone amp/dac I know that it was on @Dackzy 's recommendation list but I was wondering why I would want something like the Fiio k5 because that seems like the same functionality with just a higher price. Thanks in advance.

Just now, lh99 said:

for dac bro shiit is the way to go( google it its a brand), but lets start with your budget?

I'm thinking somewhere around $100 

21 minutes ago, lh99 said:

for dac bro shiit is the way to go( google it its a brand), but lets start with your budget?

It looks like if I want to plug in my headphones into the same thing then I would have to get the jotunheim which is 400

The schiit Fulla 2 is the best option at that price, and often isn't worth upgrading from. Has a headphone output, a line level output and a variable output, which is exactly what you're after.

SNIP

Well, the scarlet is pretty shit for headphones. There is a quality difference between DACs and amps, they are far from equal, a Fulla 2 is much better than the scarlet, but then when you move up in pricing and then you will meet let's say the Audio-gd NFB-11 and it will be better than a Fulla 2.

The Fulla 2 is a cheap DAC amp combo that offers great quality for the price and it has pre-out to your speakers, plus it uses USB and it is small so it doesn't take up a lot of space.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

It looks like if I want to plug in my headphones into the same thing then I would have to get the jotunheim which is 400

no, there is the fulla 2 and the magni 2 for $100.

go with the fulla 2.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

2 hours ago, Dackzy said:

Is the Schiit website the only place to buy it? I don't see it on amazon or anything

7 hours ago, Pittman90 said:

Is the Schiit website the only place to buy it? I don't see it on amazon or anything

yeah, I think so.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.