3440 x 1440 Microboard Monitor - Sleep Mode Issue

SilentWolf

I bought the 3440x1440 Microboard monitor that was showcased in the LTT channel a few months ago. I've used it since and it's a great monitor.

However, a week or two ago, there has been an issue where the screen switches colors every second and a message with a "Blight time" timer. This happens when the computer is either shut off, or in sleep mode. Where, I would expect the monitor to just stay a black screen, I get this picture instead (See attached). I detached the DP cable, and it is still like this.

Has anyone with this monitor, or perhaps with any Samsung panel, had this problem? I'm not sure how to fix it.

Monitor Sleep Mode.jpg

3 minutes ago, SilentWolf said:

I bought the 3440x1440 Microboard monitor that was showcased in the LTT channel a few months ago. I've used it since and it's a great monitor.

However, a week or two ago, there has been an issue where the screen switches colors every second and a message with a "Blight time" timer. This happens when the computer is either shut off, or in sleep mode. Where, I would expect the monitor to just stay a black screen, I get this picture instead (See attached). I detached the DP cable, and it is still like this.

Has anyone with this monitor, or perhaps with any Samsung panel, had this problem? I'm not sure how to fix it.

Monitor Sleep Mode.jpg

Nope, that is a weird problem.

I always disable sleep and shutdown on PC coz of monitor and reboot issues ie not all systems re-awakening.

try turn off/on and push another signal thru different port....

whats Blight time?

backlight time ..im confused

Nope i never encountered that screen but cool infos thou.. 

CPU

Intel  i9 13900k

Motherboard

Asrock Z790 Taichi

RAM

Kingston Fury Beast DDR5 RGB 32GB 6000MHZ

GPU

MSI GeForce RTX 4090 GAMING TRIO 24G 

Storage

Samsung SSD 980 PRO 1TB 
Unraid NAS 10Gbit about 50TB HDD's, i713700k 64GB DDR5 crucial @ 5800Mhz 

Win11 Workstation

• 1 month later...

I have the same monitor with the same issue. Did you ever figure out a fix for this problem? I can't figure out how to RMA the monitor since everything is in Korean...

• 2 weeks later...

So even when my computer was out of sleep mode the monitor was still giving me this issue. I finally found a fix, which was to plug in a second monitor and play around with nvidia control panel. Something in there forced it to work. Took me a long time to figure that out, but it works now finally.