Low Profile RBG RAM?

Building  new system, but need low profile DDR4 RAM. Any such thing with RBG? Gotta keep up the theme for 2017.

diy rgb memory?

Omega-  I5 6600k | Gigabyte GTX 1060 | Cougar Panzer | DDR4 16GB 3000MHz | MSI Z170 Gaming M5

EVGA 650 GQ | AOC 60Hz Freesync Panels x2 | AOC 144hz Freesync Panel x1

Epsilon- I7 2700k | Asus GTX 970 | Corsair 780t | DDR3 8GB 1600MHz | EVGA Z68 FTW Mobo

Corsair 750W G2 | Acer R240HY x2

Upsilon- i7 5500u | 6GB DDR3 | 720p 60Hz panel

9 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Building  new system, but need low profile DDR4 RAM. Any such thing with RBG? Gotta keep up the theme for 2017.

It's RGB, but anyway, I'll go with @Ultra_Man52's choice.

5 minutes ago, 21rkosta said:

diy rgb memory?

Sounds interesting...

Doesn't exist. Real low profile ram hardly exists. A smaller heatsink =/= low profile, LP ram physically has smaller pcb. 

Best option is to get a cooler that doesn't have shoddy ram support. 

36 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

No. Low profile RAM uses a shorter PCB, and therefore a shorter heatsink (most of the time). Best option is go with a heatsink (or preferably an AIO because they have the best compatibility with regards to RAM) that can clear tall RAM modules, such as the Thermalright Le Grand Macho.

A7WF_130727533513900000ykiPIA8HHp.jpg

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"Brand loyalty/fanboyism is stupid." - Unknown person on these forums

"Assuming kills" - @Moondrelor

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

3 hours ago, Ultra_Man52 said:

Can you define low profile for me? I know that there is RGB RAM but I'm not sure if it qualifies as low profile. https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16820232476 Here is the RAM I am speaking of

3 hours ago, Mooshi said:

Doesn't exist. Real low profile ram hardly exists. A smaller heatsink =/= low profile, LP ram physically has smaller pcb. 

Best option is to get a cooler that doesn't have shoddy ram support. 

2 hours ago, JurunceNK said:

No. Low profile RAM uses a shorter PCB, and therefore a shorter heatsink (most of the time). Best option is go with a heatsink (or preferably an AIO because they have the best compatibility with regards to RAM) that can clear tall RAM modules, such as the Thermalright Le Grand Macho.

Apoligize for RBG, my 0hone is trying to autocorrect my life...

So I have an AIO in my NZXT Phantom. I have Corsair high profile RAM, but had to cut the heatsink when I upgraded to AIO. So essentially, looking for something that would fit "regular" height RAM so I can have clearance.tmp_2829-20170117_235929658107099.jpg

That's a reg ram stick with crazy high heatspreaders. As long as the stick doesn't have Sonic The Hedgehog stuck to the back, it'll work. 

4 hours ago, Ryujin2003 said:

So I have an AIO in my NZXT Phantom. I have Corsair high profile RAM, but had to cut the heatsink when I upgraded to AIO. So essentially, looking for something that would fit "regular" height RAM so I can have clearance.

I have Corsair Dominator Platinum Blackout SE (Same as normal Dominators with regards to height), and it clears my AIO just fine. What I was worried about when I installed it was whether or not I had to use a PWM extension cable to pass it over the RAM and plug in the pump into my board's W_PUMP header, because it is literally next to the second bank of RAM on the right-hand side.

What I could see in the picture for why you chopped off some part of the heatspreader was because the fans would interfere with RAM. I have a 900D which can accommodate massive radiators in the top portion. If you could install fans on the top without making it look tacky, you should've done that instead.

Edited by JurunceNK

RIGZ

Spoiler

Starlight (Current): AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-core CPU | EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Ultra | Full Custom Loop | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 1TB + 2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSDs, 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD, 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | EVGA NU Audio | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i | Corsair ML120 2-pack 5x + ML140 2-pack

The Storm (Retired): Intel Core i7-5930K | Asus ROG STRIX GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Asus ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10 | EKWB EK-KIT P360 with Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 Multiport 480 | 32GB (4x8GB) Dominator Platinum SE Blackout #338/500 | 480GB SATA 2.5" SSD + 3TB 5400 RPM NAS HDD + 8TB 7200 RPM NAS HDD | Corsair 900D | Corsair AX1200i + Black/Blue CableMod cables | Corsair ML120 2-pack 2x + NB-BlackSilentPro PL-2 x3

STRONK COOLZ 9000

Spoiler

EK-Quantum Momentum X570 Aorus Master monoblock | EK-FC RTX 2080 + Ti Classic RGB Waterblock and Backplate | EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM Pump/Res Combo | 2x Hardware Labs Black Ice SR2 480 MP and 1x SR2 240 MP | 10X Corsair ML120 PWM fans | A mixture of EK-KIT fittings and EK-Torque STC fittings and adapters | Mayhems 10/13mm clear tubing | Mayhems X1 Eco UV Blue coolant | Bitspower G1/4 Temperature Probe Fitting

DESK TOIS

Spoiler

Glorious Modular Mechanical Keyboard | Glorious Model D Featherweight Mouse | 2x BenQ PD3200Q 32" 1440p IPS displays + BenQ BL3200PT 32" 1440p VA display | Mackie ProFX10v3 USB Mixer + Marantz MPM-1000 Mic | Sennheiser HD 598 SE Headphones | 2x ADAM Audio T5V 5" Powered Studio Monitors + ADAM Audio T10S Powered Studio Subwoofer | Logitech G920 Driving Force Steering Wheel and Pedal Kit + Driving Force Shifter | Logitech C922x 720p 60FPS Webcam | Xbox One Wireless Controller

QUOTES

Spoiler

"So because they didn't give you the results you want, they're biased? You realize that makes you biased, right?" - @App4that

"Brand loyalty/fanboyism is stupid." - Unknown person on these forums

"Assuming kills" - @Moondrelor

"That's not to say that Nvidia is always better, or that AMD isn't worth owning. But the fact remains that this forum is AMD biased." - @App4that

"I'd imagine there's exceptions to this trend - but just going on mine and my acquaintances' purchase history, we've found that budget cards often require you to turn off certain features to get slick performance, even though those technologies are previous gen and should be having a negligible impact" - ace42

"2K" is not 2560 x 1440 

6 hours ago, Mooshi said:

That's a reg ram stick with crazy high heatspreaders. As long as the stick doesn't have Sonic The Hedgehog stuck to the back, it'll work. 

From what I've seen, having RGB adds to the height of the RAM. I don't have too much height left to spare.

6 hours ago, maz said:

So you want a regular RAM stick without heatspeaders. why do you want herpes RGB on your RAM?

Because its 2017! RGB isn't the end all be all. If there is some that might fit, awesome, otherwise, it's regular Corsair Vengeance.

3 hours ago, JurunceNK said:

I have Corsair Dominator Platinum Blackout SE (Same as normal Dominators with regards to height), and it clears my AIO just fine. What I was worried about when I installed it was whether or not I had to use a PWM extension cable to pass it over the RAM and plug in the pump into my board's W_PUMP header, because it is literally next to the second bank of RAM on the right-hand side.

What I could see in the picture for why you chopped off some part of the heatspreader was because the fans would interfere with RAM. I have a 900D which can accommodate massive radiators in the top portion. If you could install fans on the top without making it look tacky, you should've done that instead.

I tried installing it normally, but it really was too tacky. I didn't really like the empty space it made without my 200mm fans on top. Plus, I didn't really get that good of air flow. The rad would cause heat, but the push fans wouldn't create enough pressure to force the heat out, so it would just recirculate. After putting the 200's back, my temps are much more manageable, but the push 120's definitely got in the way. I had that RAM before getting the RAD, and didn't pay attention to the requirements for the AIO since I thought "why would I ever want to put water in my case"... Well, that day came and went, and so I ended up chopping some aluminum spreaders. Wasn't much fun, to be honest.

Do you know of any RGB that might fit? I'm pretty sure I'll have to stick with regular dull, ordinary RAM for my upgrade.