I need a... reverse HDMI and USB switcher?

So, I'm planning on building a second rig and letting the wife and kids have the old one. It has a 1070 and runs VR quite well, but I'm planning for my new rig to have a 1080ti. I'm not however planning on purchasing a second VR headset... yet. Everyone in the family loves and uses VR. You may already see where I'm going with this. I want to connect all the sensors and HDMI cable into a switcher, and when I press the magic button have it instantly swap which machine they're plugged into. Does this product exist? Am I over-thinking this? Is there an easier way?

Go! :)

(thank you)

You need a kvm switch capable of hdmi at 4k 90hz. There might be one but it will be expensive. Should be cheaper than a second headset though.
I found some that are 4k 60hz, but those still cost hundreds of dollars and wont work with 90hz.
Its easier (and cheaper) to have the rigs next to each other and just swap manually. Inconvenient, but it works.
(might be worth getting one of those cases that have front panel hdmi - should make it a faster procedure)

Hmm, would it be possible (and cheaper) to switch just the sensors (Mix of USB 2 and 3) and move only the headset back and forth? I'm planning on getting a new case for the old rig anyway to try to make both more portable for LAN parties (my wife actually likes to join me on these) so if we had a front HDMI and USB 3 (thanks for the suggestion) for the headset, but had long cables and a switcher for the sensors (which will likely be mounted to the ceiling) that would be fine too.

Edit: Also, I'm curious, why 4k? 2160 x 1200 isn't 4k. What am I not understanding?

7 minutes ago, Drexl said:

Hmm, would it be possible (and cheaper) to switch just the sensors (Mix of USB 2 and 3) and move only the headset back and forth? I'm planning on getting a new case for the old rig anyway to try to make both more portable for LAN parties (my wife actually likes to join me on these) so if we had a front HDMI and USB 3 (thanks for the suggestion) for the headset, but had long cables and a switcher for the sensors (which will likely be mounted to the ceiling) that would be fine too.

Edit: Also, I'm curious, why 4k? 2160 x 1200 isn't 4k. What am I not understanding?

You can switch the usb's only.

Ahh, must've misread something. So you could get a cheap hdmi 1.4 kvm (about 50-100$) and try that. I just looked at the first numbers, shouldn't assume anything :D 
But make sure you get the switch from a seller that allows returns if it doesn't work.

No worries mate. The only HDMI device I'd be switching is the Rift HMD, which has a resolution of 2160x1200. Thanks for clearing that up. I'll look into some KVM switches and try not to skimp on a cheap one. :)