Windows 10 start menu broke itself?

Go to solution Solved by GoodBytes,

The Start menu, action center and other panels are now all GPU rendered. So it can be a bug with your graphics card drivers.

Try uninstalling them, restart, and install the latest ones (or if you had those, try 1 version older for now, until Nvidia/AMD/Intel fixes it with the following drivers)

This is my windows start menu when I hit the windows button and immediately after I type something. Hitting windows button -> typing what I want has become my usual navigation method in Windows 10 and not being able to is driving me mad. 

Anyone ever had this happen or know how to fix that's not format - > reinstall?

wtf.png

Sometimes I don't even get the black box you've got there. All I do is restart explorer.exe through the task manager. Have you tried that or rebooting?

try ctrl+alt+del

close or end

explorer.exe

click file on the taskman menu bar

run

type explorer hit enter

do a reset of explorer

51 minutes ago, bcguru9384 said:

try ctrl+alt+del

close or end

explorer.exe

click file on the taskman menu bar

run

type explorer hit enter

do a reset of explorer

Negative. 

First thing I tried was rebooting which would restart explorer too but I just did it manually for the sake of trying and still nope.

Thanks for suggestion tho. 

56 minutes ago, VeritanGaming said:

Sometimes I don't even get the black box you've got there. All I do is restart explorer.exe through the task manager. Have you tried that or rebooting?

Yeah tried both  with no results =[

The Start menu, action center and other panels are now all GPU rendered. So it can be a bug with your graphics card drivers.

Try uninstalling them, restart, and install the latest ones (or if you had those, try 1 version older for now, until Nvidia/AMD/Intel fixes it with the following drivers)

20 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Thank you. My video drivers are out of date due to Gefore Experience being trash. Will do and report back. 

On 3/4/2017 at 0:12 AM, GoodBytes said:

100% this worked!! 

Thanks so much. Happy days.