What Graphics Card Should I Buy?

Hello All.

I am currently in the market for a new graphics card, and am unsure on what card to get. There are lots of different people speaking about different specs of PCs. I understand most things about graphics cards, but am still unsure. I was wondering whether I should get a RX480 and then in the future (if needed) get another. Or, should I splash the cash and then spend the extra 100 pounds on a GTX1070, but in the future, having to buy a new motherboard if I want to SLI that thing.

My Current Specs Are:

-Intel Core i7 6700

-NVidia GTX 960

-Other misc. things that shouldn't really matter, at least I think they shouldn't.

So, what should I do, RX480 with the option of upgrading or should I get a 1070 without the option to upgrade?

I play games like DayZ and Arma, which I have heard run better on NVidia cards, but I don't know if that matters much in performance.

Thanks guys!

Ryan

Agreed. And if you need more power in the future there is the option of sli-ing 2 1070's.

What resolution and settings would you like to play at?

Also, what PSU are you using?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

1980x1080 at 144hz. Preferably mid-high settings. I have a 550w 80+ gold PSU also

1 hour ago, Crowto said:

1980x1080 at 144hz. Preferably mid-high settings. I have a 550w 80+ gold PSU also

Get the 1070

CPU: I5 4590 Motherboard: ASROCK H97 Pro4 Ram: XPG 16gb v2.0 4x4 kit  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 PSU: EVGA 550w Supernova G2 Storage: 128 gb Sandisk SSD + 525gb Mx300 SSD Cooling: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock LP Case: Zalman T2 Sound: Logitech Z506 5.1 Mouse: Razer Deathadder Chroma Keyboard: DBPower LED

The thing is that by the time you feel like the rx 480 needs more power you would probably be better off buying a new card. Also the gtx 1070 would be better if you are going for a high refreshrate monitor