The BEST Mini-ITX / Mini-ATX Case out there...

deleted account33

I've got and love the Fractal Design Node 304. I highly recommend it for any type of build. Mine is used as a server/NAS but I've thought about getting another to downsize my gaming rig.

IMG_1608.jpg

Intel Core i7-8700K @ 4.8GHz | Corsair H110i GTX | EVGA RTX 2080 XC | Asus ROG Maximus XI | Intel M.2 nVME SSD 1TB | Samsung 850 EVO 2X2TB | 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 RAM | EVGA SuperNova GS 1050W | Kept cool & quiet in a Fractal Design Define R5 Window with all Noctua fans

I've got and love the Fractal Design Node 304. I highly recommend it for any type of build. Mine is used as a server/NAS but I've thought about getting another to downsize my gaming rig.

hmmm maybe im blind but... i cant see the psu in that case Lol, from what ive heard you need to have either a modular psu thats 15cm deep so the psu cables do not block the gfx card. or a 16cm deep non modular psu because all the wires are at the end on the right so they dont interfere (unless a very long gfx card) however you get wayy to many cables for the case so it gets a bit messy so im not sure about the node, how many watts is the psu in your node and how what graphics fits with it?

I actually really like the look and quality of Lian Li cases.. however internally it seems like every mini itx lian li has the psu covering the cpu fan, and the gfx card stuffed into the bottom of the case with no airflow which is annoying. Out of the lian li's i looked at the q08, the q18, the q11 and the q25/27/28... they all had the same internal design pretty much that seems really bad for cooling.

hmmm maybe im blind but... i cant see the psu in that case Lol, from what ive heard you need to have either a modular psu thats 15cm deep so the psu cables do not block the gfx card. or a 16cm deep non modular psu because all the wires are at the end on the right so they dont interfere (unless a very long gfx card) however you get wayy to many cables for the case so it gets a bit messy so im not sure about the node, how many watts is the psu in your node and how what graphics fits with it?

I actually really like the look and quality of Lian Li cases.. however internally it seems like every mini itx lian li has the psu covering the cpu fan, and the gfx card stuffed into the bottom of the case with no airflow which is annoying. Out of the lian li's i looked at the q08, the q18, the q11 and the q25/27/28... they all had the same internal design pretty much that seems really bad for cooling.

The PSU is at the front under that mass of cables. I've got a 650W PSU in mine but Silverstone have recently released a 150mm deep 850W PSU if you wanted to run a dual GPU card in it. Combined with their short PSU cable kit there's not all much cable mess.

I had a look at the Lian-Li cases and the Q18 seems to have some decent airflow with a trio of 140mm fans in it with one right on the GPU. The £130 price tag put me off though and the fact there's nowhere to touch the case without putting fingerprints on it. You're not going to be overclocking the CPU much in it but you don't really need to for just gaming.

The PSU is at the front under that mass of cables. I've got a 650W PSU in mine but Silverstone have recently released a 150mm deep 850W PSU if you wanted to run a dual GPU card in it. Combined with their short PSU cable kit there's not all much cable mess.

I had a look at the Lian-Li cases and the Q18 seems to have some decent airflow with a trio of 140mm fans in it with one right on the GPU. The £130 price tag put me off though and the fact there's nowhere to touch the case without putting fingerprints on it. You're not going to be overclocking the CPU much in it but you don't really need to for just gaming.

Ah yea i see what you mean about the psu you can actually fit quite alot in there, may have a look at that but i think its actually a bit bigger than i expected (compared to the silverstone sg08).

And yea the q18 looks really nice! im sure it wouldnt overheat, i am just really put off that the cpu is blocked in by the psu, and i know theres a fan on the bottom under the gpu, but its only pushing air out under the case so i can imagine it getting quite hot really... compared to the design of the node 304 / ss sg08 that are open above the cpu and the gpu faces out to the side of the case.