The BEST Mini-ITX / Mini-ATX Case out there...

deleted account33

Hey guys..

Basically im thinking about other cases but i need something really small as i have to transport it every couple of weeks or so! 

I know everyone will probably say the bitfenix prodigy, and yes its a sweet case but it really isnt that small tbh considering its mitx. 

The case needs to be able to run pretty much that of a normal system, eg like a gtx 780 just for future upgrades, but also have good cooling capabilities (eg graphics fan pointing out of the case instead of just being crammed inside)

I need mini itx size really but possibly a mini itx sized case that takes matx boards.. who knows!

Ive looked at alot like the corsair 120 elite and the evga hadron etc but im not sure about the internal positioning of components in relation to airflow and heat exhaustion. 

Any good suggestions would be great thanks!

Lian-Li PC-TU100 or the 200 Version

gabinete-lian-li-pc-tu200b-black-aluminu

Spoiler
Spoiler

Project Depravity: £850 / ????? (03/12/2015) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Red Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB MX Red Monitors: 3* Asus PG279Q Stand: Ergotech Triple Desk Stand Webcam: Logitch C920

Spoiler

RIP in kill: CPU: Single core Celeron M @1.73GHz RAM: 1GB (512MB x2) DDR2 SO-DIMM Motherboard: Asus MOCA-AR HDD: 160GB SATA2 5400rpm

Spoiler

Current System: CPU: Intel i5-4690K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 960 4GB SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M Case: Corsair 200R Windowed MonitorLG 22MP55HQ 22" IPS + HP w19 MouseRoccat Savu Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K30 Mouse Pad: Perixx DX-1000XXL Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

your are late :P

"Youre"

From me - BitFenix Prodigy...

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

"Youre"

From me - BitFenix Prodigy...

"You're"

Also the Bitfenix Prodigy is probably one of the best ITX cases you'll ever find. It looks great and its not that expensive now. 

Every other case is either ugly or expensive. 

"You're"

Also the Bitfenix Prodigy is probably one of the best ITX cases you'll ever find. It looks great and its not that expensive now. 

Every other case is either ugly or expensive.

yeah, but what is the sense of a mITX case if is mATX case sized :D ?

(omfg I love the M1 sitting on my desk - one of the best investments ever)

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Ive looked at alot like the corsair 120 elite

coolermaster not corsair ;)

Instead of the 120 look at the 130 version.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

yeah, but what is the sense of a mITX case if is mATX case sized :D ?

Fact that if you REALLY want you can make it into mATX case (need some mods) and its big enough to add a full custom loop for watercooling.

Ministry of StopIt!

Lian-Li PC-TU100 or the 200 Version

dat handle..

coolermaster not corsair ;)

Instead of the 120 look at the 130 version.

oops my mistake! and i will check it out

wouldnt recommend the prodigy, its too big and the handles have this issue of breaking, youre better off with a node 304,half the size,twice the elegance.it doesnt have optical bay though but who uses them anyway,

dont even try to put high end parts with air cooling on cm elite 120, i have friends having heat issues with it because of poor air circulation,same as elite 130,

hadron is good i think though i havent really tried it but it seems okay specially the hadron air but i like the smaller hadron,

but check these two cases on google

silverstone sg08 / sg07 (similar with the node 304)

silverstone sg09 (actualy this is a mini atx case, but its really small and compact with good air flow)

dat handle..

All thats left is to strip a 15" monitor and sellotape it to the side panel. That and a mech keyboard. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

Project Depravity: £850 / ????? (03/12/2015) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Red Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB MX Red Monitors: 3* Asus PG279Q Stand: Ergotech Triple Desk Stand Webcam: Logitch C920

Spoiler

RIP in kill: CPU: Single core Celeron M @1.73GHz RAM: 1GB (512MB x2) DDR2 SO-DIMM Motherboard: Asus MOCA-AR HDD: 160GB SATA2 5400rpm

Spoiler

Current System: CPU: Intel i5-4690K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 960 4GB SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M Case: Corsair 200R Windowed MonitorLG 22MP55HQ 22" IPS + HP w19 MouseRoccat Savu Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K30 Mouse Pad: Perixx DX-1000XXL Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

All thats left is to strip a 15" monitor and sellotape it to the side panel. That and a mech keyboard. 

haha... it would be awesome if you could replace the removable side panel with a monitor screen !

haha... it would be awesome if you could replace the removable side panel with a monitor screen !

That reminds me, this was Logan's (TekSyndacate) idea. Wonder whether he will actually come through with it or will someone else do it first.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

wouldnt recommend the prodigy, its too big and the handles have this issue of breaking, youre better off with a node 304,half the size,twice the elegance.it doesnt have optical bay though but who uses them anyway,

dont even try to put high end parts with air cooling on cm elite 120, i have friends having heat issues with it because of poor air circulation,same as elite 130,

hadron is good i think though i havent really tried it but it seems okay specially the hadron air but i like the smaller hadron,

but check these two cases on google

silverstone sg08 / sg07 (similar with the node 304)

silverstone sg09 (actualy this is a mini atx case, but its really small and compact with good air flow)

yea i agree the cm 120/130 looks a bit hot with the psu above the cpu.. hmm

the hadron air looks good im just not sure about the gfx card positioning.. seems a bit crammed on airflow terms (not sure though)

and yea the silverstone sg08 is amazing i actually own one in another system, was going to get another but my only complaint is i have had some problems with the front headphone jack being rather intermittent.. so was going to look at some alternatives instead of getting another straight away :P

That reminds me, this was Logan's (TekSyndacate) idea. Wonder whether he will actually come through with it or will someone else do it first.

i think i saw that video Lol! not sure if it will be a reality anytime soon though... there are alot of all in one pcs with mobile internals but i havent seen anything with a big upgradable case haha... (probably for a reason!)

wouldnt recommend the prodigy, its too big and the handles have this issue of breaking,

You take this as a owner or you just heard? The "M" versions of Prodigy for mATX have this problem. I own a Prodigy (original mITX) and those handles are solid.

Ministry of StopIt!

You take this as a owner or you just heard? The "M" versions of Prodigy for mATX have this problem. I own a Prodigy (original mITX) and those handles are solid.

yes, prodigy is my first itx case, that case is just a month old when it showed cracks on screw sites, search on google and found out this is a common issue, got tired of its bulk and replaced it with ft-03 and beed fine with it, i also have a friend with the mitx version but luckily his case has no signs of cracks, guess i was just unlucky with the batch i had,

btw i seldomly move my prodigy,

"with ft-03 and beed fine with it"

how is the ft-03? i think its pretty cool i just wonder about the graphics card location a bit.. as its facing a solid sidepanel so ventilation cant be great? or do you have a card that exhausts out the rear of the card (and out the top of the case)

how is the ft-03? i think its pretty cool i just wonder about the graphics card location a bit.. as its facing a solid sidepanel so ventilation cant be great? or do you have a card that exhausts out the rear of the card (and out the top of the case)

The Ft03 has a fan mount at the bottom of the case that is actually very effective at pushing air throughout the case. Since the case is the same size all the way up from the fan, you essentially get the kind of wind tunnel (in a good way) like the new Mac Pro.  Sorry for using that swear word, lol. :P  It's on the pricey side but the Node 304 is a great option as well.  I think Linus did a build in the FT03 mini a while back.

"The doctors X-rayed my head and found nothing."  - Dizzy Dean

i7-4770K, ASUS Z87 Gryphon, EVGA GTX 780 Ti, 16 GB Kingston Fury RAM, Crucial M500 240 GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Seasonic 760W PSU, Asus BD, Phanteks Evlolv mATX (Gunmetal).

The Ft03 has a fan mount at the bottom of the case that is actually very effective at pushing air throughout the case. Since the case is the same size all the way up from the fan, you essentially get the kind of wind tunnel (in a good way) like the new Mac Pro.  Sorry for using that swear word, lol. :P  It's on the pricey side but the Node 304 is a great option as well.  I think Linus did a build in the FT03 mini a while back.

yea i saw linus' build on the ft03 i just wasnt sure about the gfx cooling, it sounds good though, which graphics card do you use with it out of interest?

and yea i like the node 304 i just got put off a bit because some modular psu's cabling stops the installation of a longer graphics card which is a bit of a pain, and a non modular is so messy in a mini itx case :P 

yea i saw linus' build on the ft03 i just wasnt sure about the gfx cooling, it sounds good though, which graphics card do you use with it out of interest?

and yea i like the node 304 i just got put off a bit because some modular psu's cabling stops the installation of a longer graphics card which is a bit of a pain, and a non modular is so messy in a mini itx case :P

I don't actually have the case, but I've built a system in it before.  It wasn't too bad but you definitely have to plan everything out before hand and think before you install something.  The GPU I put in it was an XFX 7850.  It's a good looking cooler but not the best temp-wise.  In the FT03 mini though, the temps are fine.  I would recommend an open-cooler design.  That way the heatsink has lots of opportunity to take advantage of the bottom fan.  Open GPU coolers can be problematic in some systems because the can spread the hot air around and if you don't have smart and effective cooling in the case, your system temps will all rise.  In the FT03 mini, there is nowhere for the hot air to go except up and out.

"The doctors X-rayed my head and found nothing."  - Dizzy Dean

i7-4770K, ASUS Z87 Gryphon, EVGA GTX 780 Ti, 16 GB Kingston Fury RAM, Crucial M500 240 GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Seasonic 760W PSU, Asus BD, Phanteks Evlolv mATX (Gunmetal).

yep its cool, by cool i mean the temps,

blower type gpus (card the exhausts heat out directly) are really recommended in this case, but i onced used a palit 660 oc ed (single fan design) and still no heating in gaming, btw its kinda hot here because i live in a tropcal country in asia,maybe 660 cards are naturally cool running card?

about the solid side panel, dont mind it, it has sufficient space for air to pass through and enter the card, the case fan, a 140mm air penetrator is really effective, but kinda noisy, still looking for a noctua replacement as i believe i will get improvements on temps and acoustics.

you can fit upto 10.4in card, evga offers good blower type gpu cards, cool and quiet.

yeah, but what is the sense of a mITX case if is mATX case sized :D ?(omfg I love the M1 sitting on my desk - one of the best investments ever)

The m1 is beautiful...unfortunately I was to late discovering and missed their last run :(

How do you like it?

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

Ive just scrolled past the crap so if anyones said this already, then forgive me. If you're looking for a small case, searching for a htpc case may help you. Otherwise, the Coolermaster Elite 361 is a good buy.

LOOK AT MY TUBE, MY TUBE IS AMAZING. DONT LICK IT IT DOESN'T TASTE LIKE ANYTHING. IT DOESN'T HAVE A MANE OR PENIS EITHER. SHUT UP.

Plus, if you're a heat-freak like myself, the ft03's cooling looks awful. The M1 is great, but prepare for sore fingertips!

LOOK AT MY TUBE, MY TUBE IS AMAZING. DONT LICK IT IT DOESN'T TASTE LIKE ANYTHING. IT DOESN'T HAVE A MANE OR PENIS EITHER. SHUT UP.