1700x or 7700K

Go to solution Solved by kurtstir,
1 minute ago, MKeefeus said:

My issue is i cant really wait, for various reasons. I should rephrase my question. Will those tasks overload a 7700k or result in a severe bottleneck from the cpu?

no but the 1700x is more futureproof with higher number of cores and a pretty decent clock speed

I am looking to upgrade from my FX-8350. Im looking at either the 7700k or the 1700x. My issue is, I speedrun dishonored and for the of the tricks in the run, you need to maintain a very high framerate (190+ FPS). I also stream and locally record while doing runs. I know that the overall gaming performance of the 7700k is better, but I also know that the 1700x would have an easier time streaming/recording. If I want to stream 720p@30 and record 1080p@60, while not having frames suffer to drasticall, should i get the 7700k or the 1700x? (keep in mind that my fx-8350 can keep these framerates while streaming, but just barely, although I cant locally record with the fx CPU)

5 minutes ago, MKeefeus said:

I know that the overall gaming performance of the 7700k is better, but I also know that the 1700x would have an easier time streaming/recording.

then, you know what you need to know to make your purchase decision.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

8 minutes ago, MKeefeus said:

I am looking to upgrade from my FX-8350. Im looking at either the 7700k or the 1700x. My issue is, I speedrun dishonored and for the of the tricks in the run, you need to maintain a very high framerate (190+ FPS). I also stream and locally record while doing runs. I know that the overall gaming performance of the 7700k is better, but I also know that the 1700x would have an easier time streaming/recording. If I want to stream 720p@30 and record 1080p@60, while not having frames suffer to drasticall, should i get the 7700k or the 1700x? (keep in mind that my fx-8350 can keep these framerates while streaming, but just barely, although I cant locally record with the fx CPU)

if you can wait a week or two. Wait, see some benches then make a informed plan

3 minutes ago, UMxMarky94 said:

if you can wait a week or two. Wait, see some benches then make a informed plan

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

has every review dropped ? Plus as far as we know these could cherry picked chips. also intel could respond with a price slash

My issue is i cant really wait, for various reasons. I should rephrase my question. Will those tasks overload a 7700k or result in a severe bottleneck from the cpu?

1 minute ago, MKeefeus said:

no but the 1700x is more futureproof with higher number of cores and a pretty decent clock speed

IM BACK BABY

Have you considered just putting together a small dedicated streaming PC? Just mirror display to a capture device/card connected to the streaming PC and let it handle the load. Probably don't need more than a G4560 and no GPU in the streaming rig. It would completely take the load off of your gaming machine and allow you to change or use whatever hardware you want.

2 minutes ago, Gaming_Groove said:

Have you considered just putting together a small dedicated streaming PC? Just mirror display to a capture device/card connected to the streaming PC and let it handle the load. Probably don't need more than a G4560 and no GPU in the streaming rig. It would completely take the load off of your gaming machine and allow you to change or use whatever hardware you want.

Indeed maybe just a laptop or something you have around and some usb capture card. This would be a "cheap" solution.