AMD and Bethesda Softworks Partner

not sure how bethesda can "propel pc gaming forward" when their game engine is ancient and all their games are riddled with bugs and glitches (ie games not made by id software)

All I see it meaning is there is a chance the next fallout might be vr

CPU I7 8700k oc'd @ 5ghz Motherboard ASUS Z370 E RAM G.Skill Trident RGB 16gb (2x8) ddr4 3000mh GPU EVGA GTX 980ti SSC

• 5 months later...

called it

CPU I7 8700k oc'd @ 5ghz Motherboard ASUS Z370 E RAM G.Skill Trident RGB 16gb (2x8) ddr4 3000mh GPU EVGA GTX 980ti SSC

On 3/2/2017 at 3:20 AM, SPG said:

not sure how bethesda can "propel pc gaming forward" when their game engine is ancient and all their games are riddled with bugs and glitches (ie games not made by id software)

Technical proficiency is not the only way to propel gaming forward. I think you have a losing battle in front of you if you suggest minor technical issues in Wolfenstein: The New Order stopped it from being an amazing game that contributed toward the industry moving away from the modern military shooter trend.

Considering Ryzen and Threadripper, I'm crossing my fingers this will encourage more multi threaded games in the near future, especially with Coffee Lake seeing 6 core CPUs in the mainstream market.

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7-6850k @ 4.2GHz

GPU: 2x FE GTX 1080Ti

Memory: 16GB PNY Anarchy DDR4 3200MHz

Motherboard: ASRock X99 Extreme 4

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.7GHz

GPU: GTX 1050

Memory: 8GB Curcial Ballistix DDR4 2133MHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H

11 hours ago, typographie said:

Technical proficiency is not the only way to propel gaming forward. I think you have a losing battle in front of you if you suggest minor technical issues in Wolfenstein: The New Order stopped it from being an amazing game that contributed toward the industry moving away from the modern military shooter trend.

wolfenstein was made by ID, not bethesda....so way to not read the last thing I said

10 hours ago, SPG said:

wolfenstein was made by ID, not bethesda....so way to not read the last thing I said

Wolfenstein: The New Order and The New Colossus are developed by MachineGames, and published (albeit not "made," but that's conveniently imprecise language) by Bethesda. And I did read the last thing you said, it was just irrelevant.

So, way to get two and a half things wrong in one very short post.

A lot of this partnership seems to be more on helping the graphics pipeline moreso anything else. If Bethesda continues to use shoddily cobbled together engines like Creation or Gamebryo, then that doesn't really mean much.

I don't understand how Bethesda gets a free pass releasing buggy games.

On 8/10/2017 at 1:30 PM, M.Yurizaki said:

I don't understand how Bethesda gets a free pass releasing buggy games.

Because modders fix their mess or make it 10x better through nexus.  To be fair I do think Bethesda does get criticized quite a bit by the average gamer for their bug ridden canvases maybe not so much by guys like IGN.

45 minutes ago, LordTaco42 said:

Because modders fix their mess or make it 10x better through nexus.  To be fair I do think Bethesda does get criticized quite a bit by the average gamer for their bug ridden canvases maybe not so much by guys like IGN.

The noise floor I see for Bethesda leans more on praising the company. But the moment some other AAA company releases something with a minor gaffe it's torches and pitchforks

Well Bethesda is making a brand new hand written engine for TES:6

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

14 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

The noise floor I see for Bethesda leans more on praising the company. But the moment some other AAA company releases something with a minor gaffe it's torches and pitchforks

Not saying they were bug free, but I had a pretty good experience with Skyrim and FO4 respectively. Took a week off for each game on release and played through both main quests with little issue. The only issues I recall is Skyrim's performance could have been better, and in FO4 I had to sometimes exit terminals because the camera didn't pan up correctly. Neither of which were game breaking for me. I don't know about Skyrim SE though.

Gaming Rig
Spoiler

CPU: Intel i7-6850k @ 4.2GHz

GPU: 2x FE GTX 1080Ti

Memory: 16GB PNY Anarchy DDR4 3200MHz

Motherboard: ASRock X99 Extreme 4

Encoding Rig
Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 7 1700 @ 3.7GHz

GPU: GTX 1050

Memory: 8GB Curcial Ballistix DDR4 2133MHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350M-DS3H