Epsilon

Calypsotonic

Hello everyone, just showing of a future build of mine with all the bells and whistles...well...most of them. Anyways, here ya go! https://pcpartpicker.com/list/4cfdf8 this will be used for graphical design, some gaming, and soooo much more.

1 minute ago, Calypsotonic said:

Yup :D

Why not go with 6950x more expensive, but you can afford is the best CPU

Because this was an experimental build and i'm still looking into the parts and whatnot.

1 minute ago, Brooksie359 said:

But y thou?

Experiment

In for the  'wait for ryzen'

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Full custom loop / links below out of date

LTT Build Log | PCPP Build Log

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

2 minutes ago, Xreldo said:

bleh messed up on commenting on this. Ehem, because this was an experimental build and i have a lot more to look into

1 minute ago, jeffmeyer5295 said:

In for the  'wait for ryzen'

....okay?

bleh messed up on commenting on this. Ehem, because this was an experimental build and i have a lot more to look into

Like the 6900k or r7 1800x?

Just now, Brooksie359 said:

I guess if you want to be very inefficient with your money

-chuckle- No need to be snarky, this was a first time build and i'm still new a things, as you could clearly see

i guess so. S'why i posted it here instead of outright buying everything

3 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

any other input?

8 minutes ago, Xreldo said:

any other input?

2 minutes ago, Calypsotonic said:

i guess so. S'why i posted it here instead of outright buying everything

Well wasn't sure if you were asking for advice on the build or not. When you say experimenting it sounds like you would be doing it for fun rather than value. 

Well wasn't sure if you were asking for advice on the build or not. When you say experimenting it sounds like you would be doing it for fun rather than value. 

Well i was experimenting with the build but also experimenting by receiving input from here.

2 minutes ago, Calypsotonic said:

Well i was experimenting with the build but also experimenting by receiving input from here.

You would want to go with something like this its up to you to sort out rest of the parts I would buy the titans from nvidia's website.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gXRVHN

ok so you want to stream so having an 8 core cpu would definitely help so the choice to go for an intel 8 core processor isn't a bad idea. i would say you would be better off with going with a newer 8 core processor like the 6900k or the r7 1800x. the 6900k is basically a newer version of the cpu you currently are looking at and will perform better for the same price so there wouldn't be any reason to get a the one you choose. the r7 1800x is supposedly giving very similar performance to the 6900k. the official reviews come out tomorrow so i would look at those as the r7 1800x is much cheaper and could potentially be a much better value for you. now as far a graphics card go i would opt for the 1080ti that was announced yesterday and is supposed to be around 38% faster than the gtx 1080 and is supposed to be priced at 699 usd.  

5 minutes ago, Xreldo said:

You would want to go with something like this its up to you to sort out rest of the parts I would buy the titans from nvidia's website.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gXRVHN

the gtx 1080ti is supposed to be faster than the titan x for about half the cost so i would say don't go for the titian x 

the gtx 1080ti is supposed to be faster than the titan x for about half the cost so i would say don't go for the titian x 

no it wont be faster.

1 minute ago, Brooksie359 said:

ok so you want to stream so having an 8 core cpu would definitely help so the choice to go for an intel 8 core processor isn't a bad idea. i would say you would be better off with going with a newer 8 core processor like the 6900k or the r7 1800x. the 6900k is basically a newer version of the cpu you currently are looking at and will perform better for the same price so there wouldn't be any reason to get a the one you choose. the r7 1800x is supposedly giving very similar performance to the 6900k. the official reviews come out tomorrow so i would look at those as the r7 1800x is much cheaper and could potentially be a much better value for you. now as far a graphics card go i would opt for the 1080ti that was announced yesterday and is supposed to be around 38% faster than the gtx 1080 and is supposed to be priced at 699 usd.  

yeah i was more than likely going to go with the 1080ti but i didn't update my build yet, i didn't want to get titanXs yet

1 minute ago, Xreldo said:

no it wont be faster.

i mean eventually i might get titan Xs just not yet

yeah i was more than likely going to go with the 1080ti but i didn't update my build yet, i didn't want to get titanXs yet

yeah they are a waste of money. it will likely be faster than the titian x once overclocked