Maxwell-based GPU's are color banding? (gradients)

Majestic

So ever since my new monitor i've been noticing colorbanding. Since I stepped down from a 8bit native screen (IPS) to a 6+FRC (TN) panel my initial reaction was to suggest the screen to be the blame.

But then I started googling "Maxwell Color Banding" and it seemed as though people were experiencing this phenomenon on a wide variety of panels.

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/836484/gtx-980-color-banding-gradient-issues/

My eyesight isn't the best, so it's probably due to the higher brightness of this panel (have yet to properly calibrate it) that I noticed the banding more and it was always present. I took some screenshots for good measure to get your folks inputs on this and see if you can spot the colorbanding in the images aswell. Ruling out the panel as the culprit, for now.

Spoiler

20170301105340_1X.jpg

20170301105607_1X.jpg

20170301105627_1X.jpg

Could this be a result of their delta compression or magical performance boost on the same nanometer, just lower the graphical fidelity? Images are cropped and resized to the specific regions of interest. Don't look at aliasing or anything.

Game was Alien Isolation, maximum details and "deep colors" enabled. But it also happens in video's.

Some shots of the above-mentioned website and steam browser:

Spoiler

colorbanding.jpg