How to use both wifi bands

Geraldino
Go to solution Solved by Donut417,

You can only connect to one band at a time. 5Ghz has better speed, but less range. While 2.4 Ghz has more range, but less speed. You have to pick on, you cant use them both at the same time. 

Hello, i have a bit of a problem, because i bought my asus Rt-ac51u and it has 2 wifi band, and i was wondering if i can use both at the same time in one device, and im using a tp-link AC600 wifi adapter.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you want to use both bands simultaneously right? (also called dual-band concurrent)

I'm not aware of any client card that can do that... I've only seen it in some access points.

If you want your dual-band card to automatically pick the best band, just make sure you use the same SSID with the same security mode and password for both bands on your router.

Does you mum know you're here?

7 hours ago, VVoltor said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but you want to use both bands simultaneously right? (also called dual-band concurrent)

I'm not aware of any client card that can do that... I've only seen it in some access points.

If you want your dual-band card to automatically pick the best band, just make sure you use the same SSID with the same security mode and password for both bands on your router.

Ok, what accsess points? And is this even possible to do on the current router that i have? i just want very fast download speeds

You can only connect to one band at a time. 5Ghz has better speed, but less range. While 2.4 Ghz has more range, but less speed. You have to pick on, you cant use them both at the same time. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Just now, Donut417 said:

Ok ill use 5ghz because im very close to the router. Thank you. :)