H100i HELP PLZ!

Hey guys!  :lol: 

So I just started building my first computer and I ran into a problem...

I'm installing a Corsair H100i on my motherboard the ASUS Z87 Maximus VI Hero with my i7 4770k. (case: Corsair Obsidian 750D)

So I started installing the backplate...and than I've put in the screws...annnnd than I ran into a problem I think...

The backplate and the screws kinda wiggled, so I checkt if the could be screwd more....no.

Than I just decidet to take the backplate off and go look at what I have done wrong.....

Annnnnnnnd, here's the problem I cant get the screws off. So I just wanted to see your sugestions and if by any possible chance they are ment to wiggle a little bit... I'm confused and would be verry happy if you guys could help me. :unsure: Thank you!post-3194-0-18713800-1384084140_thumb.jp

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Put a cloth around the screws and take a pair of pliers and losen the screws with those. The cloth is so you won't damage the screws to much.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

My h80 and h100 mounts kinda wiggle too even though their all the way tight so not the best design if you ask me.

My h100i had the same problem, as soon as you tension the screws from the water block it's going to be secure. It's a design error made by Corsair.

My h100i had the same problem, as soon as you tension the screws from the water block it's going to be secure. It's a design error made by Corsair.

So. I didin't do anything wrong right? I thought I forgot some nuts or something, and I didin't want burn my cpu ;D Thank's dood 

I have only ever used the h60 and h80 on an AMD platform, but as far as i know (because they both still come with intel mounting hardware), is it probably would be more secure after mounting. I recommend that you test mount with the current setup to determine if the block mounts well, or if something is stripped or missing.

For anything its always good to test fit and plan everything, research is key. Best of luck and good job on your PC building :)

So. I didin't do anything wrong right? I thought I forgot some nuts or something, and I didin't want burn my cpu ;D Thank's dood 

Same thing happened to me. Everything works out okay though, so you should be fine.

PC Specs

PC Specs - CPU: Intel Core i7 3970X @ 3.5 GHz CPU Cooler: Swiftech H240-X Graphics Card: x2 NVidia Geforce GTX 780 Ti Superclocked Editions Watercooled by Corsair HG10 N780s w/ Corsair H90s Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD w/ 1TB WD Blue HDD 7200 RPM HDD  RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79  PSU: NZXT HALE90 V2 NP-1GM-1200A 1200W Audio: Mayflower Electronics Objective2 Bamboo Amplifier w/ Mayflower Electronics ODAC & Mayflower Electronics Modified Fostex T50RP Headphones V3 w/ Antlion Mod Mic Case: Fractal Design Define R5 OS: Windows 7 Professional Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Optical w/ Razer Goliathus Extended Mouse Pad Keyboard: Camo Filco Majestouch-2 Tenkeyless  w/ Cherry MX Black switches w/ Custom Keycaps Monitor: Asus ROG Swift 27" 1440p 1ms response time 144hz + 2 other monitors

Hey guys!   

So I just started building my first computer and I ran into a problem...

I'm installing a Corsair H100i on my motherboard the ASUS Z87 Maximus VI Hero with my i7 4770k. (case: Corsair Obsidian 750D)

So I started installing the backplate...and than I've put in the screws...annnnd than I ran into a problem I think...

The backplate and the screws kinda wiggled, so I checkt if the could be screwd more....no.

Than I just decidet to take the backplate off and go look at what I have done wrong.....

Annnnnnnnd, here's the problem I cant get the screws off. So I just wanted to see your sugestions and if by any possible chance they are ment to wiggle a little bit... I'm confused and would be verry happy if you guys could help me.  Thank

you did nothing wrong, the slack is because the thickness of a motherboard can

vary from manufacturer to manufacturer and model to model.

finger tight stud poles and mount the controller/pump. snug down the thumb nuts.

Thanks for all the help!  ^_^

I'll upload the photo of the finished mount on the top.  :D

Thanks for all the help!  ^_^

I'll upload the photo of the finished mount on the top.  :D

right on, thank you for the progress.. and if you have the time, make a build log out

of the rig.. members like to see something getting done and showing it off.