Realtek vs Sound Blaster Audigy 2

CounterC

I was recently given a pretty good set of headphones but they don't give me to sound I would expect out of them. I currently have them plugged into my on board Realtek sound but I have a older  Audigy 2, 24 bit card that I could install. Can anyone tell me if the Audigy will be any better than the more current Realtek HD audio that comes with my motherboard?

It is always worth a try, I use an old audigy 1 that I got from an old computer, and I think it sounds better than my onboard audio.

I was recently given a pretty good set of headphones but they don't give me to sound I would expect out of them. I currently have them plugged into my on board Realtek sound but I have a older  Audigy 2, 24 bit card that I could install. Can anyone tell me if the Audigy will be any better than the more current Realtek HD audio that comes with my motherboard?

What headphones did you get?

If you already have the card, you should be the one telling us if it's better! :P

Good point. Although I own the card its a matter of digging it out of storage and finding all of the attachments that came with it. So I'm just trying to figure out if its worth digging it out.

Nothing awesome but still MUCH better than anything else I own at the moment. Here is the link

http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/pc-headsets/ear-force-z2/43

No offense, but gaming headsets are NOT headphones, especially Turtle "Eek" Beaches.

They sound bad because they are bad. Putting racing tires on a 98 Oldsmobile doesn't make the car better. Adding a sound card to a gaming headset doesn't make it sound better.