Looking for an new chair, anyone got something to recommend?

I sit a  lot infront of the computer so it should be one that is good for 'home office'.

I currently have one big office chair which is "meh" and its starting to rip (Not sure if my cat did this when it was a kitten or what happened) but it's pretty trashy right now and planning to upgrade.

Been looking on GT Omega / Maxnomic / Dxracer but not sure, anyone got any recommendations? 

I don't wnat to buy an ikea chair and I don't want to spend $3K on a herman miller chair

Thanks!

Like I always say, go buy a old Merc or BMW for about 100 quid, take the front seats out, and scrap the rest of the car, Job done. Nice comfortable seats for a fraction of the cost.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

4 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Like I always say, go buy a old Merc or BMW for about 100 quid, take the front seats out, and scrap the rest of the car, Job done. Nice comfortable seats for a fraction of the cost.

I actually REALLY want to do that. use one for my PC, and the other for a racing sim I have planned.

M1 MacBook Air 256/8 | iPhone 13 pro

11 minutes ago, TriTexas said:

I sit a  lot infront of the computer so it should be one that is good for 'home office'.

I currently have one big office chair which is "meh" and its starting to rip (Not sure if my cat did this when it was a kitten or what happened) but it's pretty trashy right now and planning to upgrade.

Been looking on GT Omega / Maxnomic / Dxracer but not sure, anyone got any recommendations? 

I don't wnat to buy an ikea chair and I don't want to spend $3K on a herman miller chair

Thanks!

Those "Racing" chairs are actually not very good for you ergonomically. I would suggest and ergonomic chair. Also, where did you pull $3k from? Aerons are $1000.

I mean you could buy a racing chair like the ones you listed as they are all pretty similar, you can also do what one of the others posted where you get luxury car seats which would be a awesome project but really If you want eh to good comfort the racing seats like the ones you listed should be fine otherwise if you are looking for ultimate comfort and ergonomics you should look elsewhere.

3 minutes ago, hellochicken said:

I mean you could buy a racing chair like the ones you listed as they are all pretty similar, you can also do what one of the others posted where you get luxury car seats which would be a awesome project but really If you want eh to good comfort the racing seats like the ones you listed should be fine otherwise if you are looking for ultimate comfort and ergonomics you should look elsewhere.

Just to note, racing chairs aren't the greatest for your back.

4 minutes ago, RGProductions said:

Just to note, racing chairs aren't the greatest for your back.

I never understood racing chairs. Bucket seats are designed to keep drivers from rocking around in corners. Hence why if you were a bit...wide, they are not comfortable at all. You're never going to experience such G-forces when you're at your desk.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 

Just now, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

I never understood racing chairs. Bucket seats are designed to keep drivers from rocking around in corners. Hence why if you were a bit...wide, they are not comfortable at all. You're never going to experience such G-forces when you're at your desk.

Exactly. Keep racing chairs in car racing, and just get an ergonomic chair. The only viable use I see is a racing sim, when you want to just get that *feeling* of being in a car. But even then, why not just get a cheap ebay bucket seat? Cheaper, and more realistic.

7 minutes ago, RGProductions said:

Exactly. Keep racing chairs in car racing, and just get an ergonomic chair. The only viable use I see is a racing sim, when you want to just get that *feeling* of being in a car. But even then, why not just get a cheap ebay bucket seat? Cheaper, and more realistic.

Yep. Unless you're one of the few ballers that have those dynamic racing setups.

42 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

I have gotten image that these chairs are pretty good as 95% of all Twitch streamers have them.

Almost every youtuber have them aswell (Including the enitre Linus Media Office)

45 minutes ago, TriTexas said:

I have gotten image that these chairs are pretty good as 95% of all Twitch streamers have them.

Almost every youtuber have them aswell (Including the enitre Linus Media Office)

As far as racing chairs, they're the best. Great build quality. Just not great for ergonomics.

6 hours ago, TriTexas said:

These companies sponsor a lot of steamers and YouTubers especially in the tech and gaming space. So it's not entirely because they're good chairs.