"Tesla Motors' Stock Finally Falls"

TopWargamer

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/tesla-stock-finally-falls,24993.html#xtor=RSS-998

Third-quarter earnings were meek, causing stocks to tumble 20.9 percent on Tuesday in after hours trading. Now, a third fire in six weeks in a Model S is causing more than a few heads to turn. The latest fire was in Smyrna, Tennessee where federal investigators are getting involved amid fears that there might be some fundamental engineering problem.

. . .

If these fires continue, though, then the stock price and public good will may never fully recover. Generally speaking, car fires are very, very unlikely, but roughly 33 still happen every day. Given the sheer number of vehicles on the road that are actively used, that still leaves a Tesla Model S several times as likely to catch fire over the past six weeks than any given regular auto.

A recall or retrofit might be necessary based on federal investigation findings – both of which would be catastrophic for the young automaker.

Shame to see Tesla's stock fall. I'm sure that if things keep on the positive end for Tesla, they'll gain that lost stock back in no time, but if these fires are happening because of an engineering issue, well, that's definitely not be good for either Tesla or the automobile industry.

COMIC SANS

This isn't good for them. I do really hope they come out of this little mess.

Why do they get so much hate for 2 fires when other companies have dozens upon dozens?

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Once the model X is out their stock will be plenty high and I still want one even though that is no where close to happening

Why do they get so much hate for 2 fires when other companies have dozens upon dozens?

Because someone wants the stocks to go down so they can buy and get richer once the company lifts off.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

there aren't that many model S's out there and 3 fires in 6 weeks is a lot. Other companies have dozens and dozens but the average number of fires per week per car should be a lot lower.

there aren't that many model S's out there and 3 fires in 6 weeks is a lot. Other companies have dozens and dozens but the average number of fires per week per car should be a lot lower.

True. It's sad to see such a future getting this kind of attention :(

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

I read that there may be a federal investigation launched into the 3 fires... Between that and Elon Musk straight up saying that the stock is overpriced, its not looking too good for people who invested in that stock recently :(

i5 3570k - MSI Z77 GD65 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance - Galaxy GTX 780 - Corsair AX650 - Custom CPU Loop - Corsair 650D - OCZ Agility 4 128GB - WD Black 640GB