No signal, no POST

Just got a few parts together for a PC but I'm having some trouble with it.

I push the power button, all fans start spinning (SPU, PSU, graphics card) but no video signal, and no beep.

I've tried switching RAM slots, switching RAM, removing RAM all together

I've tried switching the processor

I've tried switching the graphics card.

Nothing gets me any closer.  Switching the processor did seem to fix an odd issue where upon powering it on the graphics card seemed to breathe (surge power then quiet down, making go incredibly loud then quiet, constantly) but beyond that, no change.

The parts are quite mismatched and the processor is quite old to avoid ANY compatibility issues that there may be with the motherboard, as of now all I'm trying to get the thing to do is POST.

I'm using an MSI P4N SLI-FI mobo

Pentium 4 531 @ 3GHz

EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2

Is there anything else it may be?  Is there anything else I can try before searching for a replacement motherboard?

1 minute ago, NexusHUB said:

Just got a few parts together for a PC but I'm having some trouble with it.

I push the power button, all fans start spinning (SPU, PSU, graphics card) but no video signal, and no beep.

I've tried switching RAM slots, switching RAM, removing RAM all together

I've tried switching the processor

I've tried switching the graphics card.

Nothing gets me any closer.  Switching the processor did seem to fix an odd issue where upon powering it on the graphics card seemed to breathe (surge power then quiet down, making go incredibly loud then quiet, constantly) but beyond that, no change.

The parts are quite mismatched and the processor is quite old to avoid ANY compatibility issues that there may be with the motherboard, as of now all I'm trying to get the thing to do is POST.

I'm using an MSI P4N SLI-FI mobo

Pentium 4 531 @ 3GHz

EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2

Is there anything else it may be?  Is there anything else I can try before searching for a replacement motherboard?

Dead motherboard maybe

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

Almost silly questions, but ensure you are using the output on the graphics card. And i doubt its a dead mobo because you're getting the fans on the graphics card to spin

2 minutes ago, glengraegill said:

Almost silly questions, but ensure you are using the output on the graphics card. And i doubt its a dead mobo because you're getting the fans on the graphics card to spin

I am indeed using the output on the graphics card, using HDMI to view it on my TV.  Problem is it never beeps.  Not even if I remove the RAM.  Nothing.

Just now, NexusHUB said:

I am indeed using the output on the graphics card, using HDMI to view it on my TV.  Problem is it never beeps.  Not even if I remove the RAM.  Nothing.

I just looked for that mobo. A sad story that one (my heart goes out to you) have you tried resetting cmos?

1 minute ago, glengraegill said:

I just looked for that mobo. A sad story that one (my heart goes out to you) have you tried resetting cmos?

I've removed the battery and put it back in, I've considered replacing the battery though I don't know if it'll work.  The mobo's manual seems to urge me to find the right CMOS battery to avoid explosions.  Literally.

Just now, NexusHUB said:

I've removed the battery and put it back in, I've considered replacing the battery though I don't know if it'll work.  The mobo's manual seems to urge me to find the right CMOS battery to avoid explosions.  Literally.

Yes if you want to replace the cmos battery, always use the right one.

Some notes on resetting cmos: It is necessary to send a boot signal through the mobo once the CMOS battery has removed, so just short the pins on the mobo or press the button on the case if you've got it plugged in. The attempt to turn on when there's no battery is what makes it reset

I believe the issues is one of two things: the CMOS battery is ded just like Trump's dreams to be a k-pop star OR the bios is so old it doesnt handle a pci-e protocol on the 670

Good luck!!

2 minutes ago, glengraegill said:

Yes if you want to replace the cmos battery, always use the right one.

Some notes on resetting cmos: It is necessary to send a boot signal through the mobo once the CMOS battery has removed, so just short the pins on the mobo or press the button on the case if you've got it plugged in. The attempt to turn on when there's no battery is what makes it reset

I believe the issues is one of two things: the CMOS battery is ded just like Trump's dreams to be a k-pop star OR the bios is so old it doesnt handle a pci-e protocol on the 670

Good luck!!

I'm almost ready to dismiss incompatibility with the graphics card, as I also tried a GTS 250 on it to no avail.  I'll look for another battery.

7 minutes ago, NexusHUB said:

I'm almost ready to dismiss incompatibility with the graphics card, as I also tried a GTS 250 on it to no avail.  I'll look for another battery.

I have to go sleep. It's midnight here in Australia, I'll check in the morning if you have posted anything and I will try to reply and help more then, but I gotta go now. Good luck amigo!

On 2017-02-25 at 8:41 AM, glengraegill said:

I have to go sleep. It's midnight here in Australia, I'll check in the morning if you have posted anything and I will try to reply and help more then, but I gotta go now. Good luck amigo!

Well, as a little update, I replaced the battery, still nothing.  Board is dead.  Today I picked up an AM3+ board to go a different direction.  Gonna go with FX for a while, then switch to Ryzen.