5 Screen EyeFinity Setup Nightmare - please help

cgtechuk

Hi all looking for some help please as this is proving a bit of a nightmare

So 

My Pc currently has 2x Sapphire R9 390 graphics cards in it. The 8GB Ram Nitro OC ones. Ports wise is at has 3 Displayport, 1 Hdmi and 1 x Dvi on each card. 

Monitors I have 3x Samsung S27d850t monitors, a Dell 2711 and a Qnix 2710 all have Displayport and hdmi other than the Qnix which is Dvi. All monitors are 1440p With me so far? Cheers. 

Anyway I want to hook up all 6 at once and its proving a real drama to do this on one card. I could use both cards and disable crossfire but looking to avoid that if possible.. 

So. To hook it all up I have plugged in the Qnix to the Dvi port, 2 Samsungs to the Displayport sockets and one Samsung

and the Dell to a dp++ Mst 4 port hub into one of the Displayport sockets and it is serving the dell at 1440p but the only other screen attached to this hub will only max out at 640 x 480 and I can't change it. I am wondering whether I have hit the max bandwidth on the port the hub is attached to? Although it shows same behaviour when I push all screens down to. 1080p. Hdmi port on card is only one free. 

Is this the only configuration that will. Work there must be a way to get 5 screens on a card like this. 

The crossfire is less important as let's be honest it's going to play zero games on 6 screens but EyeFinity is important and I believe it doesn't allow one screen to be created out of two different card groups. 

Thanks all really appreciate your help

54 minutes ago, cgtechuk said:

Hi all looking for some help please as this is proving a bit of a nightmare

So 

My Pc currently has 2x Sapphire R9 390 graphics cards in it. The 8GB Ram Nitro OC ones. Ports wise is at has 3 Displayport, 1 Hdmi and 1 x Dvi on each card. 

Monitors I have 3x Samsung S27d850t monitors, a Dell 2711 and a Qnix 2710 all have Displayport and hdmi other than the Qnix which is Dvi. All monitors are 1440p With me so far? Cheers. 

Anyway I want to hook up all 6 at once and its proving a real drama to do this on one card. I could use both cards and disable crossfire but looking to avoid that if possible.. 

So. To hook it all up I have plugged in the Qnix to the Dvi port, 2 Samsungs to the Displayport sockets and one Samsung

and the Dell to a dp++ Mst 4 port hub into one of the Displayport sockets and it is serving the dell at 1440p but the only other screen attached to this hub will only max out at 640 x 480 and I can't change it. I am wondering whether I have hit the max bandwidth on the port the hub is attached to? Although it shows same behaviour when I push all screens down to. 1080p. Hdmi port on card is only one free. 

Is this the only configuration that will. Work there must be a way to get 5 screens on a card like this. 

The crossfire is less important as let's be honest it's going to play zero games on 6 screens but EyeFinity is important and I believe it doesn't allow one screen to be created out of two different card groups. 

Thanks all really appreciate your help

Do you need the DP hub? If you have 3 DP, 1 DVI, and 1 HDMI, can't you just hook up each monitor with an individual cable? HDMI 1.4 supports 1440p at 60 Hz.

Hi the Ms for your reply.  I thought this as well but apparently I can only use the hdmi or Dvi if all Displayport in use but not both

Thanks 

2 hours ago, cgtechuk said:

Hi the Ms for your reply.  I thought this as well but apparently I can only use the hdmi or Dvi if all Displayport in use but not both

Thanks 

Interesting. You should be able to run up to two 2560×1440 60 Hz monitors on a single DP port with a hub; maybe the hub has some additional limitations?