still have tearing with g sync?

I have an ROG Swift PG 278q and a GTX 1070 and I still notice some frame tearing when playing games. Is this an unusual problem, or is there a solution, or is there something here that I'm missing?

Check to see if G-Sync is actually enabled in the monitor settings and in the GPU Control Panel.

Screen tearing will NEVER happen with adaptive-sync.

NOTE: If, however, the GPU is generating more FPS than the monitor's max refresh rate, then G-sync's effect is cancelled. limit your FPS to 2 or 3 FPS below your monitor's max Hz to get the best results.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

31 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

Screen tearing will NEVER happen with adaptive-sync.

If the technology was working perfectly, then theoretically, yes. Practically, the technology isn't flawless and you can still get tearing in certain situations, however rare that may be. Some games (older games mainly) are more likely to cause this than others. I've had a couple of games have occasional tearing with GSync on. 

@Sergeant_Doughnut Check what FPS you're running at and what your settings are regarding VSync. If you're over the monitor's max refresh rate, GSync is disabled and it either switches to VSync or just disables all Sync technologies until the FPS drops under the monitor's refresh rate again. Best to limit the FPS to just below the monitor's refresh rate to prevent GSync from disabling.