Fairly light weight games for a fairly cheap price?

DarkBlade2117

So I go to my college and after I get whatever I need to get done I kind of just sit there and browse reddit.. all fun but rather play a game.

My laptop can run Factorio on Normal settings 30-60FPS just fine. So not anything much more demanding than that.

OS is Ubuntu btw

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Audiosurf. Grab a pair of headphones and love it forever. Runs on a potato. 

idk

Knights of Honor? I like it, should work for you, it's a historical strategy game.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

12 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Knights of Honor? I like it, should work for you, it's a historical strategy game.

Forgot to mention the laptop is running Ubuntu

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

13 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

Audiosurf. Grab a pair of headphones and love it forever. Runs on a potato. 

Looks fun, seems to have a Demo so will give it a shot.

Pit-People
Castle Crashers

Battleblock Theater

Don't Starve and Don't Starve Together

Crypt of The Necrodancer

Duck Game

Fez

Limbo

Mercenary Kings

Monaco

One Finger Death Punch

Race The Sun

Timberman

Terraria

Spelunky

SpeedRunners

Rogue Legacy

These are some of the little games that I play and frankly, play more than the AAA games that I have i my library haha.

Edit, some more

OliiOlii 2

Move or Die

Oh Sir the Insult Simulator

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

I run Ubuntu on one of my laptops and all my Valve games like half life (2), counter strike1.6, source, and GO, team fortress 2 work.

On 2/24/2017 at 5:24 AM, DarkBlade2117 said:

So I go to my college and after I get whatever I need to get done I kind of just sit there and browse reddit.. all fun but rather play a game.

My laptop can run Factorio on Normal settings 30-60FPS just fine. So not anything much more demanding than that.

OS is Ubuntu btw

Stardew Valley

Just some of my favorites that I know can run on Linux, and I was able to run on my old Dell laptop:

Stardew Valley

FTL

Kerbal Space Program

Undertale

Prison Architect

Half Life Source

Half Life 2

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth and it's DLC

Shovel Knight

Super Meat Boy

Not sure of your exact specs, but if you can run it check out DOTA 2

Shadowrun: Returns and Dragonfall are fun.  Haven't played the third one so can't say for it

Once again, not sure if you can run it but Cities:Skyline is good

If you like Grand Strategy games, then Europa Universalis IV will take over your soul

The Civ games are fun, too.  Civ 5 might be feasible for you, so definitely look into that.

CS:GO

Your mileage may vary, but these are all very good games to look into.

3 hours ago, odim89 said:

Just some of my favorites that I know can run on Linux, and I was able to run on my old Dell laptop:

Stardew Valley

FTL

Kerbal Space Program

Undertale

Prison Architect

Half Life Source

Half Life 2

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth and it's DLC

Shovel Knight

Super Meat Boy

Not sure of your exact specs, but if you can run it check out DOTA 2

Shadowrun: Returns and Dragonfall are fun.  Haven't played the third one so can't say for it

Once again, not sure if you can run it but Cities:Skyline is good

If you like Grand Strategy games, then Europa Universalis IV will take over your soul

The Civ games are fun, too.  Civ 5 might be feasible for you, so definitely look into that.

CS:GO

Your mileage may vary, but these are all very good games to look into.

Ohh ya KSP, that might be one I check out. Cities Skyline is very CPU intensive. Legit destroys my 6700k Thanks